Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! 2018-2021

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2019, 9:56 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jrl767
on the bus to downtown Seattle where I’m meeting up w Zorak and BenA ... we will be heading up to Everett and meeting up with about eight other folks for the Boeing factory tour, followed by some other afternoon and evening diversions
Your rideshare with “Ben” (3.8 stars) is on its way. By taking this trip, you agree to our privacy policy, or lack thereof; namely, that shenanigans may be shared with the Lounge Thread as they occur.
navi_jen and Zorak like this.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 2:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
What happens in Seattle should not stay in Seattle.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 2:44 pm

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by navi_jen
MAEN all!

Off to walk the dog...buckle up, it's cold out there (with an inch of new snow on the ground). And is true of New England spring, it's supposed to be 60 tomorrow. "sigh*
It was 36 this morning and is now in the 50s here. I give up on the weather!
on the bus to downtown Seattle where I’m meeting up w Zorak and BenA ... we will be heading up to Everett and meeting up with about eight other folks for the Boeing factory tour, followed by some other afternoon and evening diversions
Have fun!
Originally Posted by BenA

Your rideshare with “Ben” (3.8 stars) is on its way. By taking this trip, you agree to our privacy policy, or lack thereof; namely, that shenanigans may be shared with the Lounge Thread as they occur.
LOL, I love it!
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What happens in Seattle should not stay in Seattle.
Exactly!
Old Mar 23, 2019, 6:11 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Boeing factory tour was fun! It’s neat to see the 767 and 747 still in production, even though it’s for cargo and military purposes these days. No matter how many times I do the tour, the scale of the production building never ceases to impress me.

The weather cooperated nicely today - pleasantly sunny outside and warm enough to only need a light pullover or sweater. Folks did various activities this afternoon (Zorak and I went to Paul Allen’s Flying Heritage museum while others did a distillery tour) but we’ll all reconvene for a group dinner this evening...

Since at least one shenanigan is required, here’s a picture of how I prepped my car for FlyerTalk guests so everyone would feel right at home:

For the curious, FEBO was *not* observed, and there wasn’t any champagne PDB distributed, either.
Zorak likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 8:52 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Boeing factory tour was fun! It’s neat to see the 767 and 747 still in production, even though it’s for cargo and military purposes these days. No matter how many times I do the tour, the scale of the production building never ceases to impress me.

The weather cooperated nicely today - pleasantly sunny outside and warm enough to only need a light pullover or sweater. Folks did various activities this afternoon (Zorak and I went to Paul Allen’s Flying Heritage museum while others did a distillery tour) but we’ll all reconvene for a group dinner this evening...

Since at least one shenanigan is required, here’s a picture of how I prepped my car for FlyerTalk guests so everyone would feel right at home:

For the curious, FEBO was *not* observed, and there wasn’t any champagne PDB distributed, either.
That's really cool! How do you arrange a Boeing tour?
Old Mar 23, 2019, 9:54 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by MarkP24
That's really cool! How do you arrange a Boeing tour?
You give them money and they give you a ticket

https://www.futureofflight.org/boeing-tour-seattle

I enjoyed it a lot! Would recommend ^
BenA and MarkP24 like this.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Was “diversion” the best word to use when talking about going to see planes?
Old Mar 23, 2019, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
vocabulary notwithstanding, a good time was had by all who joined in for the distillery tour and tasting

dinner with the entire group of ten was a great time as well
BenA likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 6:55 am

LOL, very nice. Were they consumed or do you still have them?
Old Mar 24, 2019, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium

Enjoying a Rum & Coke and plane watching from the F Club SkyDeck at ATL on a nice Sunday afternoon at ATL.
Cholula and Zorak like this.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by ATOBTTR

Enjoying a Rum & Coke and plane watching from the F Club SkyDeck at ATL on a nice Sunday afternoon at ATL.
Very nice!
Old Mar 24, 2019, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by kipper
LOL, very nice. Were they consumed or do you still have them?
No takers Not that it would have been a problem - I bought a brick of 300 Biscoff from Amazon to stock the office before I comprehended just quite how much Biscoff that is. (The box it came in was about the size of a shoebox, and densely packed.)

I'll have to keep trying to offload them...
Old Mar 24, 2019, 3:59 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
No takers Not that it would have been a problem - I bought a brick of 300 Biscoff from Amazon to stock the office before I comprehended just quite how much Biscoff that is. (The box it came in was about the size of a shoebox, and densely packed.)

Well I'm sure your guests felt at home with the gesture. Now if you had snack packs and peppermint Oreo's....
Old Mar 24, 2019, 4:29 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver

You must fly a lot of KLM. I can hear it now - almost like a broken record walking thru AMS airport . . . .

Mr Wickenhauser - James Wickenhauser (made up) flying to Barcelona. You're delaying the flight. Please report to gate C10 immediately, or your luggage will be OFFLOADED!!

Old Mar 24, 2019, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by davetravels
You must fly a lot of KLM. I can hear it now - almost like a broken record walking thru AMS airport . . . .

Mr Wickenhauser - James Wickenhauser (made up) flying to Barcelona. You're delaying the flight. Please report to gate C10 immediately, or your luggage will be OFFLOADED!!

I'm sorry, sir - it's "not possible" I fly a lot of KLM! "Mind your step", davetravels.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.