Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

is delta comfort + same as virgin prem econ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2018, 8:43 am
Original Poster

advice please, have a virgin flight to mco from london returning via atlanta on delta metal. Is virgin premium econony the same as comfort + on delta ?

have flying miles to use as an upgrade but its for the whole trip so wondering what the equilivant is.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No, VS premium economy is roughly equivalent to DL Premium Select. The VS equivalent of Delta Comfort+ is called "Economy Delight" which have 34" of pitch but are otherwise standard coach seats. They are in the same cabin as Economy classic, and the FA's don't seem to police pax who grab open seats. There's no labeling on them like there is with Delta Comfort+.

Last edited by xliioper; Oct 25, 2018 at 8:50 am
Old Oct 25, 2018, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
VS crew do police the economy delight seats just as they used to police them when they were the extra leg room seats. they usually have a different colour antimacassar
Old Oct 25, 2018, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
VS crew do police the economy delight seats just as they used to police them when they were the extra leg room seats. they usually have a different colour antimacassar
On the 4 filghts I've flown it, they didn't seem to police it. In one case, an FA brought up a pax from the back and put them in the window seat in my row (I was on the aisle and had the row to myself and was looking forward to stretching out across the seats).
Old Oct 25, 2018, 9:25 am
Original Poster

so is it worth upgrading as i have looked at the aircraft a330-200 and the cabin does not have premium select from atl to lhr on this aircraft ! will i get an auto uplift to delta one or down graded to comfort + ?

for info it is a virgin ticket flight and upgrade will be done using virgin miles
Old Oct 25, 2018, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm doubtful they could even process an upgrade on DL metal. The upgrade award charts on the VS site only lists VS served cities which leads me to suspect it's only available for VS metal. Also, they mention they are not available from Economy Light fares (if you have one of those).
Old Oct 25, 2018, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by saintjimmy1974
so is it worth upgrading as i have looked at the aircraft a330-200 and the cabin does not have premium select from atl to lhr on this aircraft ! will i get an auto uplift to delta one or down graded to comfort + ?

for info it is a virgin ticket flight and upgrade will be done using virgin miles
I book ATL-JFK-LHR in VS Premium Economy. Also ATL-JFK-MAN.

It's a great product.

Comfort+ is not.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 3:06 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
It can get convoluted trying to book it with a Delta agent. Delta Comfort+ W fare equates to Virgin Economy Delight whereas true premium economy on Virgin is a Delta G or P fare and state Premium.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 10:53 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
I really like VS's PE product, have done it LAX-LHR, which is great seat, good food, better service and should be more equal to Delta's PE as mentioned above. If it's the same miles as C+, definitely do VS PE.

I'm looking forward to trying VA's PE product for thanksgiving!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.