FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Delta in-flight movie selection NAILS IT! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1937034-delta-flight-movie-selection-nails.html)

TheHorta Oct 23, 2018 3:58 pm

Delta in-flight movie selection NAILS IT!

wrp96 Oct 23, 2018 3:59 pm

I think I'll wait until after the meal before I start watching that one.

TheHorta Oct 23, 2018 4:07 pm

Clearly, Delta wants to be known at the “Criteron Collection” of the skies.

They have my vote.

eastindywalrus Oct 23, 2018 4:25 pm

Okay, so, legit question - is this more of a might see this on AMC FearFest movie, or more of a we should probably make sure parental controls are set on the cable box sort of movie? Because the title screams zombies, but the look in her eyes... :confused:

RealHJ Oct 23, 2018 5:07 pm

Still sounds more appetizing than some past "DeltaOne" meals (meaning, inedible).

But seriously though, the title just doesn't translate well into English, but most certainly doesn't have anything to do with anything scarh or zombies; just read the description (I've read it numerous times, but have never watched it - just sounded too dull). Pretty sure it's a PG or at most PG-13 movie.

MastaHanky Oct 23, 2018 5:17 pm

I had to look up the kanji for "pancreas", but what I thought was a mistranslation really isn't. 君の膵臓をたべたい is more or less "I want to eat your pancreas".

skycubbie Oct 23, 2018 7:01 pm

I've seen the movie: it's a Japanese romance movie about a high school friendship between a dying teenage girl and a boy. They go through a series of adventures as the girl accomplishes a variety of escapades on her bucket list while she's still alive. It's very sweet and not at all a grizzly or raunchy movie.

Skycubbie

jdrtravel Oct 24, 2018 8:44 am

Originally Posted by skycubbie (Post 30348764)
I've seen the movie: it's a Japanese romance movie about a high school friendship between a dying teenage girl and a boy. They go through a series of adventures as the girl accomplishes a variety of escapades on her bucket list while she's still alive. It's very sweet and not at all a grizzly or raunchy movie.

Skycubbie

Any idea what an accurate translation would be?

gitismatt Oct 24, 2018 8:06 pm

I thought you were going to be excited about Hocus Pocus

Spent_All_My_Miles Oct 24, 2018 8:28 pm

The title appears to be correct. In several pages of web searches, various people say that over the course of the movie, the meaning of the title becomes clear, but I haven't seen the details - they seem to be avoiding spoilers.

RRDD Oct 25, 2018 7:04 am

From the internet...... in Japanese culture, and various other Asian cultures as well, mothers use a phrase along the lines of 'I will eat up your disease X, so that you can get all better...' to their children; ....

pfreet Feb 10, 2019 7:12 am

Is this after the FA serves your meal and says "eat your heart out" ?

dereiziger Feb 10, 2019 7:53 am

Do they serve a nice chianti & fava beans to go along with it?

fliesdelta Feb 10, 2019 5:28 pm

I can't believe Airplane! isn't on the IFE on a permanent basis. It should be required watching.

Intl359Widget Feb 10, 2019 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by fliesdelta (Post 30762513)
I can't believe Airplane! isn't on the IFE on a permanent basis. It should be required watching.

Absolutely! It’s required visual literature for pop culture.