Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Disturbing: Delta no longer shows MQM while booking flight

Old Oct 20, 2018, 6:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM. 1MM

I was looking at flights for the spring. I noticed that Delta.com is no longer showing MQM's or MQD's when booking a flight.

Am I missing something? Usually it would show just below the flight details information... no more.

What gives? I think Delta is planning to change MQM earnings starting 2019....

The only way to find any info is "flight distance". Click on individual flight and then more flight details. There you can see the flight distance. BUT BUT BUT that does not mean anything about MQM earnings.

Is delta up to something? Me thinks yes. Happy Saturday! UGH
Old Oct 20, 2018, 6:37 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
I see both MQM and MQDs while booking today, are you not logged in? It doesnt show those if you arent logged in.....
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 6:39 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, Marriott Gold
Are you sure you were logged into the Delta website? That’s always been the reason I haven’t seen the MQMs for a flight.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
I am using my friend's computer. Google chrome. imac pro. He is logged into his account. that is verified. it shows nothing.

I tried the same computer using Safari and then suddenly BOOM it all shows up as it should. My friend really should update his browser apps

Wheh! false alarm!!
Old Oct 21, 2018, 10:02 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVPG, AA PP, UA 1K, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HH Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Natl EE
I noticed it last week on Weds for the first time. It’s either a bug in their website that may affect some browsers only or an A/B test on that part of the checkout flow to see if people click on it when it is there. Will try some other browsers to compare.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mridley2
and then suddenly BOOM ...
That is disturbing!
golfr, FSUnole03, MarkP24 and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 12:51 pm

Even if it were true, what about this would exactly be disturbing? If it signals a switch to purely MQD based status earnings, that would actually make it easier to earn status. We already have to meet meet the MQD requirement anyway... currently many meet the MQD threshold without earning enough MQMs or Segments for it to mean anything.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 10:19 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by TomMM
That is disturbing!
Agreed
Old Oct 22, 2018, 6:00 am

Programs: United-1K, Marriott-Titanium Ambassador, Hyatt-Globalist
Originally Posted by ATLMike1234
Even if it were true, what about this would exactly be disturbing? If it signals a switch to purely MQD based status earnings, that would actually make it easier to earn status. We already have to meet meet the MQD requirement anyway... currently many meet the MQD threshold without earning enough MQMs or Segments for it to mean anything.
I would love MQD based earning. Sitting at ~$20k MQD spend but only ~105k MQM. I should hit it regardless (I hope) but I am all for spend qualification.
ryandc99 likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 6:33 am

Programs: SkyMiles 2018 PM, 2019 PM, 2020 PM, 2021 PM, 2022 PM, 2023 PM...
I wish it was all MQM, I guess I'm just a rare bread.
andrewk829, JesseRohr and CarmenOM like this.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 2:17 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by Wimsta

Mmm, bread. I know it's probably auto-correct, but it still made me laugh...
Old Oct 22, 2018, 4:55 pm

Programs: SkyMiles 2018 PM, 2019 PM, 2020 PM, 2021 PM, 2022 PM, 2023 PM...
Originally Posted by growlgames
Mmm, bread. I know it's probably auto-correct, but it still made me laugh...
Rare breed, rare bread... sometime around that post is when I forgot to pack my keys. Overnighting keys from CA to GA is $113, doh!

Glad it was good for a laugh, hopefully two.
HohoGAP likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 10:34 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, Delta Sky Miles, and S&H Green Stamps
If Delta were up to nothing... now that would be disturbing.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 5:26 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by CloneCones
I would love MQD based earning. Sitting at ~$20k MQD spend but only ~105k MQM. I should hit it regardless (I hope) but I am all for spend qualification.
Originally Posted by Wimsta
I wish it was MQM's only. We can always dream....
Old Feb 19, 2019, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
At the end of booking, before pulling the trigger, it showed MQM's for the total itinerary. However, it's not clickable, so I can't find the breakdown by segment. I have a couple of KL and AF regional segments, which might not earn MQM's, so the total MQM's listed is less than the total miles flown. However, the numbers don't match in any logical way. (unless they are giving me less than 500 but more than zero for the regional segments? I've never seen that, normally I still get MQM's on those if they are booked on 006 stock).

Is there any way after purchase and before flying to find out the per segment MQM's?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.