Delta ONE advice

Old Oct 19, 2018, 8:00 pm
Original Poster

Delta ONE advice

Sorry if this is n the wrong section but have just booked Delta from RSW to SYD. Not flown with them before so heres my flights:

OUTBOUND

RSW-MSP 757 FIRST

MSP - LAX 737 - 900 FIRST

LAX - SYD 777-200LR DELTA ONE

RETURN

SYD - LAX 777 - 300 BUSINESS - OPERATED BY VIRGIN AUSTRALIA

Firstly as I am flying Delta one outbound from LAX to SYD - which lounges can I use other than the sky clubs?
Will that plane have the new suites on it - deltas website and other say yes but I am not sure.

Also the return to LAX with Virgin Australia - does anyone know what the seats are like on this? Are they like "pods" angled for privacy? The reports online say they are but the Delta seat plans shows seats straight on not angled like some of the Delta operated flights show.
Is there a Virgin lounge I can use on the return at Syd or at LAX?

Thanks

Sarah
Old Oct 19, 2018, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
The DL seatmap is just a generic map for codeshares. It's the angled reverse herringbone type seat.

You'll be able to use the Skyclubs at MSP and LAX. You can also use the KE lounge, but it's awful.

On return VA will give you lounge access. VA only has their own lounge in the domestic terminal. I'm not sure to who they'll send you for international. They just ended their relationship with NZ, and not sure who they use for J passengers now. You'll be able to use Skyclubs at LAX and MSP on way back.

AS for the DL777 seats, it depends when you fly. The DL 777s are being refitted with D1 Suites. Till then it's the current herringbone configuration. (Seats point opposite the VA seats)
obscure2k likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 9:22 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
In SYD, VA uses a former EY lounge now called The House. Visit EY and VA forums for details.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 11:01 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Just out of curiosity, why are you connecting in MSP and not ATL? MSP seems out of the way and also greater potential for weather issues. Additionally, the Sky Clubs at ATL are better than at MSP.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Just out of curiosity, why are you connecting in MSP and not ATL? MSP seems out of the way and also greater potential for weather issues. Additionally, the Sky Clubs at ATL are better than at MSP.
Most likely cost or time of flights. ATL as we've seen lately can also have bad weather issues.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Hi,

It was the cost and also the timings between flights. Actually this journey went down by $800 PP from me choosing it to the checkout - kinda happy about that part. lol
Old Oct 20, 2018, 4:15 pm

Programs: Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sarahaukett
.....does anyone know what the seats are like on this? Are they like "pods" angled for privacy? .....
I think the VA J seats are one of the best out there and yes, they are slightly angled. I found the back of the seat barrier curves around you so its private and I didnt notice anyone else sitting nearby. Surprisingly, I found less people around the bar because people stayed in their seats.

VA seat map showing angle, https://www.virginaustralia.com/au/e...oeing-777-300/

Photo while I was standing

Enjoy.

Last edited by Osmo; Oct 20, 2018 at 4:24 pm
Old Oct 20, 2018, 5:10 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
If Wifi is important, know that DL has Wifi on all your flights but unless things have changed VA SYD-LAX does not.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Xeno
If Wifi is important, know that DL has Wifi on all your flights but unless things have changed VA SYD-LAX does not.
They added few months back.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 8:48 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
VA also makes up the seat, adding a foam cushion wrapped in a cloth sheet like cover. For me, that makes the seat much more comfortable.
As to lounge -- a year ago I flew VA back from SYD connecting from Christchurch, NZ. So I arrived at SYD several hours before the EY (at that time) opened. The SkyTeam lounge in SYD let me in, but I do have ST Elite Plus status.
Outbound from LAX, I'm assuming you will depart from T2 or T3 so using one of the DL lounges makes the most sense, rather then heading over to TBIT.
Assuming you are connecting from the VA flight to Delta on the return -- you can either go back into TBIT (and use the transit security there) or leave the terminal and walk (or bus) over to T2/T3. Walking makes more sense since the bus runs only in one direction (the wrong one) and it is only a 5 minute walk. If the weather is good, I'd go up to the departures level for the walk.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.