FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Lack of Comfort+ on CRJ 200? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1898656-lack-comfort-crj-200-a.html)

schmidlapp Nov 6, 2016 6:03 pm

Lack of Comfort+ on CRJ 200?

Just got off an Endeavor air crj 200 in DTW.
I was in row 1, FA announced all cash flight, drinks for purchase.
When she came by with bev service she told us they were complimentary. I asked her about this later, she replied our new C+

appleguru Nov 6, 2016 6:16 pm

C+ is free drinks on all DL flights now.

LoganFlyer Nov 6, 2016 6:40 pm

There is no C+ on a CR2. Consider yourself lucky you got a free drink :).

javabytes Nov 6, 2016 6:41 pm

There's a post in another thread here where someone reported the first row of a CRJ had been designated as C+... despite seemingly no extra legroom.

jrkmsp Nov 6, 2016 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by LoganFlyer (Post 27446175)
There is no C+ on a CR2. Consider yourself lucky you got a free drink :).

Supposedly all CRJs will be getting one row of C+ — and there's at least one Endeavor CRJ flying around in the new config.

KDCAflyer Nov 6, 2016 8:39 pm

AA and UA already do the same thing with their 50-seaters, although in both cases you're basically paying more for what was previously just a preferred seat. At least DL's come with the free drinks.

Luckily, DL is kind enough not to use them on routes longer than 900 miles, so there won't be any snack basket issues.

flyerCO Nov 6, 2016 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by WWads (Post 27446502)
AA and UA already do the same thing with their 50-seaters, although in both cases you're basically paying more for what was previously just a preferred seat. At least DL's come with the free drinks.

Luckily, DL is kind enough not to use them on routes longer than 900 miles, so there won't be any snack basket issues.

The cutoff I think is much lower. 900 is the cutoff for meal service. I thought 1 cabin CRJ cutoff like it was like 250 miles or so.

Zorak Nov 6, 2016 11:13 pm

It was mentioned in the cabin videos thread, post #26:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delt...l#post27395154

Widgets Nov 7, 2016 1:20 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO (Post 27446679)
The cutoff I think is much lower. 900 is the cutoff for meal service. I thought 1 cabin CRJ cutoff like it was like 250 miles or so.

250 miles is the beverage and standard snack threshold. 900 miles is the "premium" snack basket threshold.

flyerCO Nov 7, 2016 1:41 am

Originally Posted by Widgets (Post 27447073)
250 miles is the beverage and standard snack threshold. 900 miles is the "premium" snack basket threshold.

I think what's being asked is being misunderstood. I understand that 900 miles gets the premium snack basket. However there was a reference in the post I replied to, about the fact DL promised not to use 1 cabin (non-FC) CRJ on routes over X miles. Poster, posted 900 miles, which is the cutoff for meals in FC/"premium" snack basket in C+. For some reason I thought it was 250 miles for the CRJ 1 cabin cutoff.

thecortex Nov 7, 2016 5:01 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO (Post 27447100)
I think what's being asked is being misunderstood. I understand that 900 miles gets the premium snack basket. However there was a reference in the post I replied to, about the fact DL promised not to use 1 cabin (non-FC) CRJ on routes over X miles. Poster, posted 900 miles, which is the cutoff for meals in FC/"premium" snack basket in C+. For some reason I thought it was 250 miles for the CRJ 1 cabin cutoff.

Don't know what the cutoff is for CRJ-200 use, but it's definitely not 250 miles. Am currently on CVG-EWR blocked at ~570 miles and recently saw one flying LGA-TYS among other "longer" routes. Hate these birds but at least have an open seat next to me.

Zeeb Nov 7, 2016 9:26 am

A free drink isn't going to make those bulkhead window seats worth consideration.

3Cforme Nov 7, 2016 10:00 am

Originally Posted by thecortex (Post 27447449)
Don't know what the cutoff is for CRJ-200 use, but it's definitely not 250 miles. Am currently on CVG-EWR blocked at ~570 miles and recently saw one flying LGA-TYS among other "longer" routes. Hate these birds but at least have an open seat next to me.

The original distance cutoff for single class (CRJ-100/200 or ERJ-145) aircraft was 750 miles per a June 2010 thread.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...announced.html

There have been a few instances of these aircraft on longer flights. If there's a data jock who wants to confirm the 750 mile cut-off at present, or find the longest scheduled single-class flight in the Delta Connection system today, go for it!

Widgets Nov 7, 2016 10:07 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO (Post 27447100)

250 miles is way too short to be a maximum range for CRJ2. I think ~700 was the goal.

GRALISTAIR Nov 7, 2016 10:08 am

Originally Posted by Zeeb (Post 27448407)
A free drink isn't going to make those bulkhead window seats worth consideration.

Exactly - I though the thread title was a joke - but obviously not. C+ on a CR2 whatever next :td: :(