Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Medallion Status

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2018, 9:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Has the OP satisfied the MQD requirements for FO or obtained a waiver? The waiver would imply, in the absense of a foreign address, a DL AmEx card which as others have pointed out gets most of the FO benefits except for free elite upgrade eligibility.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 5:58 am

Programs: Chase Sapphire Reserve, WFBF
Originally Posted by alwayshome
I am 15000 MQM short of qualifying for Silver medallion status. Any suggestions on how I can get 15000 miles by the end of the year other than flying multiple long trips?
Here's the secret to getting all of the benefits of Silver Medallion plus an unheard-of 100% upgrade rate:

1. Take the amount of money you would spend on mileage run(s) needed to get to Silver and put it in a bank account.
2. Use that money to cover the difference between the coach fare you're buying on your 10K/year travel and the discounted F/J fare.

This trick has worked for me all year on DL.
gooselee and jinglish like this.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 6:15 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC
I think the OP is a troll, just trying to make some entertainment...
Old Oct 18, 2018, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Actually I got the 10000 MQM as a bonus from meeting the $25000 spending. Just hoping to take advantage of this and see if I can meet the Silver status with Delta.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Thanks. I do have the Delta platinum which is how I got the 10000 MQM bonus after spending $25000. Just didn't want to waste the MQMs and the $25000 waiver.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Good to know. Thanks.
I was hoping for complimentary upgrades but if it's not very likely even with a Silver than I guess it isn't worth it
Old Oct 18, 2018, 12:38 pm

Programs: DL PM; MR Titanium & LTT; Hilton Diamond; National Exec Elite
Good to know. Thanks.
I was hoping for complimentary upgrades but if it's not very likely even with a Silver than I guess it isn't worth it
I’d say not worth it for upgrades alone. As a TPA based Platinum, I’m running about 35% on upgrades to first but 100% on C+. As a Silver, you wouldn’t be eligible for C+ until 24 hours out, so they would be unlikely, especially if you don’t want a middle seat. First would be even harder, I frequently see Diamonds in the back. Again, times, days of the week and routes flown matter greatly. Perhaps more than status? My silver co-worker has about a 50% F upgrade percentage, but flies off peak times and days. I don’t know what his C+ UG rate is.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Actually I got the 10000 MQM as a bonus from meeting the $25000 spending. Just hoping to take advantage of this and see if I can meet the Silver status with Delta.
Good to know. Thanks.
Wait, so....this means you haven't taken a DL flight at all this year, then? Or at least not one where you've applied your Skymiles #?

If so, then the complimentary upgrades are definitely not worth it. You can't get upgraded if you don't fly. You can't use ANY of the benefits if you don't fly.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 8:14 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC
You got the Delta Amex, but never flew on Delta? Plus what Gooselee just said?
I'm sticking with troll. Reality cannot be this crazy.
jinglish likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.