Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL removes westin heavely blanket in domestic F?

DL removes westin heavely blanket in domestic F?

Old Oct 17, 2018, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
I also wonder if this has anything to do with Marriott? Perhaps the Westin branding is going to go away and they are beginning to cycle it out before they announce a new partnership?
Somewhere in the old B-C tunnel under ATL, there's a rotating cast of FOs diligently ripping the Westin tags off of the gray blankets. I expect them to start reappearing in FC cabins by Thanksgiving.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 12:24 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by gooselee
Somewhere in the old B-C tunnel under ATL, there's a rotating cast of FOs diligently ripping the Westin tags off of the gray blankets. I expect them to start reappearing in FC cabins by Thanksgiving.

Hey, that's a new benefit and that tunnel is called the FO Sky Elite Lounge Dungeon. Don't make fun of it.
gooselee likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
I also wonder if this has anything to do with Marriott? Perhaps the Westin branding is going to go away and they are beginning to cycle it out before they announce a new partnership?
It does. I'm told this is another part of the wind-down of the Delta/SPG partnership. Expect the Westin Heavenly duvets to gradually go from D1 as well.

Tacky Marriott wants to be in bed with miserable United.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 8:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by gooselee
Are they wearing down parkas?
Old Oct 17, 2018, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
Expect the Westin Heavenly duvets to gradually go from D1 as well.
Why would it be gradual? I would expect them to announce a new partner and just switch it out, especially in D1. I'm curious what direction they will go and if they will try to stick with a hotel? UA has Saks and AA has Casper.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 5:57 am

Why would it be gradual? I would expect them to announce a new partner and just switch it out, especially in D1. I'm curious what direction they will go and if they will try to stick with a hotel? UA has Saks and AA has Casper.
I like the Westin bedding but would have no problem if Westin moved to United and Saks came to DL
Old Oct 18, 2018, 3:50 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by LBJ
The DL blue ones actually seem to be a bit bigger based on Ebay listings (60" x 45" vs. 60" x 40"). I don't think these are the same as Y blankets (which are generally felt, not woven).
When Delta launched the gray, Westin-branded blankets in F, they also upgraded the Y blankets from the old red "felt" to the blue, unbranded, woven blankets.

When they first released them, it seemed like F had a mix of blue and grey, and Y still had the really cheap red ones, and that both the blue and the grey were considered Westin blankets. Am I remembering that correctly?
The unbranded blue blankets were always intended for Y and the gray Westin blankets for F. But in my experience, Delta did a terrible job provisioning the blankets correctly. More often than not, the F cabin saw a mix of blue and gray, if not all blue. Frankly, the quality was very similar between the two, so I'm not sure why Delta bothered differentiating by cabin. They certainly weren't able to execute on that plan.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
They may have run out. I'm not aware of any regular DL flyer I know that doesn't have at least one or two of them.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by MS02113
Frankly, the quality was very similar between the two, so I'm not sure why Delta bothered differentiating by cabin.

IMO the grey one is noticeably higher quality.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 10:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by MS02113
When Delta launched the gray, Westin-branded blankets in F, they also upgraded the Y blankets from the old red "felt" to the blue, unbranded, woven blankets.

The unbranded blue blankets were always intended for Y and the gray Westin blankets for F. But in my experience, Delta did a terrible job provisioning the blankets correctly. More often than not, the F cabin saw a mix of blue and gray, if not all blue. Frankly, the quality was very similar between the two, so I'm not sure why Delta bothered differentiating by cabin. They certainly weren't able to execute on that plan.
Just like the salt and pepper shakers which are gone domestically
Old Oct 19, 2018, 9:05 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
IMO the grey one is noticeably higher quality.
Guess I haven't seen one in so long I'm forgetting what it was like. But the blue ones are still much better than the old, red, lint-filled felt.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL PL
Seems like PS will change as well?

Old Nov 2, 2018, 12:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
I have not seen any type of blanket in E+ on transcontinental flights in the past few months either...
Old Nov 2, 2018, 6:45 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Originally Posted by LBJ
Maybe too many of them ended up on E-bay... The DL blue ones actually seem to be a bit bigger based on Ebay listings (60" x 45" vs. 60" x 40"). I don't think these are the same as Y blankets (which are generally felt, not woven).

https://www.ebay.com/i/163299300494?chn=ps
I was about to reply about eBay when I saw your post

It is amazing how many of the DL headphones end up on eBay too, not the LSTN headphones I mean the cheap ones that come in foil packaging on domestic flights.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by lonelygod
Seems like PS will change as well?

Yup. Just checked wayback machine, and this page did indeed used to feature Westin & a grey blanket: https://web.archive.org/web/20180316...m-economy.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.