First Class Service on Short Flights

Old Oct 16, 18, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

First Class Service on Short Flights

I’ve been booked in first class on 2 short itineraries. SEA-PDX and LAX-LAS. Is there any service at all for first class on this flights such as PDB or any in flight beverage service?

It appears Delta states there is no service on such short flights but just wanted to double check. Thanks!!
Old Oct 16, 18, 4:38 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Delta PM
I fly GRR <-> DTW frequently (only 120 miles) and always receive PDB, full drink service, and “standard” snacks (biscoff, snack mix, nuts). No one else gets anything.
Old Oct 16, 18, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
You can expect a PDB in F on any Delta and Delta Connection flight. Most of the time your expectations will be met. There should be a bottle of water, a pillow, and a blanket.
Old Oct 16, 18, 4:57 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, United Plat, Amex Plat, Hotels.com Gold, Hertz 5 star, WMATA smartrip card
In my experience the connection carriers are actually more reliable on PDBs etc. than mainline. In short: bottoms up!
Old Oct 16, 18, 5:02 pm

I have done SEA-PDX and VV quite a bit. You should get PDB plus a drink while in the air. Snack basket usually has biscoff, snack mix, nuts and kind bars. You also should get bottle of water, a pillow and blanket as previously mentioned. If its a mainline flight, FAs use common sense, but on this route the DL connection crews are a real wildcard. For example, I might ask for a woodford PDB. They might give a double without a request for one, and then come to collect the cup as soon as the boarding door closes even though we will be waiting a half hour to get clearance to takeoff. The next flight they might let you keep your PDB cup until you are in the air.
Old Oct 16, 18, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

Good to know. Thanks all!!
Old Oct 16, 18, 6:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Pianoman109876 View Post
I fly GRR <-> DTW frequently (only 120 miles) and always receive PDB, full drink service, and “standard” snacks (biscoff, snack mix, nuts). No one else gets anything.
No one else gets anything? This sounds like DYKWIA.
puck021 and CPMaverick like this.
Old Oct 16, 18, 7:09 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Delta PM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Well, tonight actually, we had a crew who did a pass of water and offered cookies to all passengers. I guess it depends. I was flying in the back tonight so it was appreciated
Old Oct 16, 18, 7:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It would be even more rare to be told "no" in response to a specific request. You should never feel remotely odd about asking.

The only real exception is when it's a very short taxi and/or there is turbulence aloft.
Old Oct 16, 18, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
I took it to mean simply that there is no service in coach - drinks or snacks.
bonoman likes this.
Old Oct 16, 18, 8:33 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
I just flew ATL-CHA last week in F and got a PDB on the ground and 2 drinks in the air.
Old Oct 17, 18, 12:33 am

Programs: DL DM, MM; Marriott Plat
I do SEA-PSC which is a little longer. F service (barring turbulence) is as above. Normally there is an announcement that there is no service in Y but they would try to honor special requests. Flight time is 30-45 minutes so no great loss and not enough time. But Horizon on the turbo-props do manage a full service on that route.
hi55us likes this.
Old Oct 17, 18, 12:44 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-exDM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by Pianoman109876 View Post
Not even the other F pax? Are you a KM?
TheHorta likes this.
Old Oct 17, 18, 6:10 am
Taz

Programs: DL PM
AZO-DTW (Delta Connection only) usually gets a PDB, but more often than not, that's it. Maybe a quick pass of the basket, but most of the time, the FA's only get up to do a quick run thru the cabin before landing.
Old Oct 17, 18, 6:21 am

Any experience on DCA-JFK in F on CRJ900 ?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: