Tara Reid Kicked off of Delta Flight

Old Oct 16, 2018, 3:33 pm

Programs: Ex DL-DM. MM. TWA-Aviator Plat. HHonors-DVIP, MR-Gold. Nat-Emerald. Avis Chairmn.
Well, I’m sure there were at least8 FOs in the back. Soooo..
Old Oct 16, 2018, 4:06 pm

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
Actually, seat 5C also doesn't make sense as the video clearly shows she was seated in the single "D" seat on the right side (a single window seat albeit in a row where the seat is closer to the aisle rather than the window).
I would guess that is what started the whole thing - she sat in the wrong seat and didn't want to move to her booked seat.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 5:00 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
I would have switched seat with Tara and maybe the flight would have pushed back on time. 5C for 5D on a 767 is not a biggie.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 5:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Why give in because it's Tara Reid, whoever that is?
DiggerDog likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 6:09 pm

Programs: DL DM
I don't think pets are allow in cabin on any 767 flat bed equipment. That could be the first problem, assuming this was a 767 air craft.

Delta One™ / Business Class / First Class / Flat Bed Seat Restrictions

Pets in Cabin (PETC) are not allowed in the Delta One, Business Class or First Class cabin on any international flight, regardless of aircraft type, due to insufficient space. In addition, for the same reason, pets are not allowed on any domestic flight in the Delta One, Business Class or First Class Cabin, that is equipped with a flat-bed seat.

Boeing 767 Aircraft Restriction

Delta does not accept animals as checked baggage or cargo on any Delta operated B767 aircraft systemwide. There are no exceptions to this restriction for any customers, including military customers.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 6:19 pm

Programs: Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by puck021
I can see her rage. The person in front of her reclined and the flight wasn’t even airborne. 😉
But its not a Y seat, meaning the person in front reclining doesnt affect your personal space.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 6:23 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Osmo
But its not a Y seat, meaning the person in front reclining doesnt affect your personal space.
I was kidding, but It’s the thought of someone in front of you reclining that really pisses people off
Old Oct 16, 2018, 6:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Mr. Tickets
I don't think pets are allow in cabin on any 767 flat bed equipment. That could be the first problem, assuming this was a 767 air craft.

Delta One™ / Business Class / First Class / Flat Bed Seat Restrictions

Pets in Cabin (PETC) are not allowed in the Delta One, Business Class or First Class cabin on any international flight, regardless of aircraft type, due to insufficient space. In addition, for the same reason, pets are not allowed on any domestic flight in the Delta One, Business Class or First Class Cabin, that is equipped with a flat-bed seat.

Boeing 767 Aircraft Restriction

Delta does not accept animals as checked baggage or cargo on any Delta operated B767 aircraft systemwide. There are no exceptions to this restriction for any customers, including military customers.
This wouldn't apply to ESAs and genuine service animals such as seeing eye dogs. So one wonders whether the Tara Reid "little dog" was documented as an ESA. The video seems to show her holding the dog without it being in a container, which would be permitted officially on board only if it in fact is an ESA, but celebrities don't always obey the rules.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 6:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Service Failure on Delta?

Nobody said her little rat dog was the problem.

As near as I can tell, the only thing that got her booted was a loud mouth.

But this is LAX-JFK. Delta One. The chariot for the self-entitled of the entertainment industry. No suggestion that she was drunk, a danger, or anything.

If Delta wants this business, then why can’t it just smile, say “sorry!”, and continue on to New York?

If nothing else, there is a plane load of people in coach who just want to be on their way.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 7:07 pm

Linda Hogan is a moron. Clearly Reid's seat only cost as much as 4-6 low life passengers from the rear.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
Actually, seat 5C also doesn't make sense as the video clearly shows she was seated in the single "D" seat on the right side (a single window seat albeit in a row where the seat is closer to the aisle rather than the window).
Well, you can be pretty sure I'm NOT going to be watching a video of this.
(But of course the message is the same - we don't have the whole story...)
Old Oct 16, 2018, 7:55 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Night Flyer
Linda Hogan is a moron. Clearly Reid's seat only cost as much as 4-6 low life passengers from the rear.
You must be thinking of C+ passengers.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Sounds like somebody was expecting the VIP treatment because they're an important hollywood type from LA....
Old Oct 17, 2018, 4:00 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
Saw on TMZ that Tara is claiming the FA wanted her to put her mut in the overhead bin.
Tara Reid Says Delta Wanted Her Dog Put in Overhead Bin, Delta Says BS | TMZ.com
Old Oct 17, 2018, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by HWGeeks
Saw on TMZ that Tara is claiming the FA wanted her to put her mut in the overhead bin.
Tara Reid Says Delta Wanted Her Dog Put in Overhead Bin, Delta Says BS TMZ.com
Given the UA incident that even those that live under a rock have heard about, I have a really, really hard time believing that an FA instructed her to do that. Sounds like she just spit out the first thing that came to her mind about what would justify her being so upset as to get kicked off a plane in effort to save herself the embarrassment. On the positive side for her, a lot more people know her name now.
smc333 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.