DL Apple Watch App

Old Oct 12, 18, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM; MR Titanium & LTT; Hilton Diamond; National Exec Elite
DL Apple Watch App

I couldn't get much help in the Apple user/support forums so I'd figure I'd try here. I have a Series 4 Apple Watch and an iPhone 7. The DL Apple Watch app seldom syncs to the DL app on the phone. When it does sync, which is very rare and usually after a few days of not using the DL app on the watch, it will sync, but the gate/time info only displays on the watch for a few minutes. As soon as I try to go back into the DL app, say, 10 minutes after the last sync, it just tells me I need to open the app on the phone to re-sync. Trouble is, it won't re-sync no matter what I try. I've closed out both apps reopened them at the same time, closed one, then the other, etc... no combination seems to work. It will likely work again on Monday morning when I take the outbound of my next trip, but again, only for a few minutes. Anyone else experience this, especially on the Series 4/Watch OS 5? Any ideas? I have AppleCare+ and they may be my next step although I'm not sure if they provide app support.
Old Oct 12, 18, 1:08 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.5MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
I have an iW4C but have not flown since I replaced the 3C with the 4C.

As you know there are countless posts on Apple Forums about various issues with OS 5.0 and 5.0.1.

In the past I have depended more for iW alerts from Flight Update Pro but due to complications of late - the CEO refused support and told me to get a refund - will be experimenting with App in the Air and perhaps Flight Track when I fly to GIG in 10 days.
Old Oct 12, 18, 8:03 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Hertz PC, National EE, Marriott TE, GE
I don't have a 4 but after getting the new watch OS for my 3 I noticed some apps where no longer syncing. The solution was to shut down the watch and restart it.
Old Oct 14, 18, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM; MR Titanium & LTT; Hilton Diamond; National Exec Elite
Thanks for the replies. I ended up taking it to my local Apple Store. The support rep ended up having to do full factory resets on both the watch and phone. That seems to have fixed it for now. We will see how long the fix lasts tomorrow when I take my next outbound trip on DL.

Search this Thread