Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Question re: Quasi-D1 Domestic Routes (e.g., SEA-JFK)

Old Oct 12, 2018, 10:20 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, VS Gold, UA Plat, VX Gold (RIP), AS MVP 75K, Starriot Plat, Hertz President's Circle

SEA-JFK is advertised as one of Delta's premium transcon offerings featuring D1. Right now, only the early morning SEA-JFK flight is sold as D1 on a 75W. However, the last flight, a redeye, is also on a 75W (i.e., D1 equipment) but is being sold as First Class.

If I were to take the 75W redeye from SEA-JFK, what (1) should I expect and (2) what are others experiences regarding amenities offered on such a flight. A D1 configured aircraft flying a domestic D1 route but advertised with First Class service.

I know I should expect nothing (not even a PDB etc, jk), but wondering if it's common to get the better blankets and/or amenity kits on this flight (either by accident or by design). Given that it's a redeye, it would surely make a difference - esp the blanket.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 12:40 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA PLAT, DL PLAT, EK SILVER
There's actually a thread on this, but since I just took this flight, I can tell you specifically about SEA-JFK redeye. I'll break it down into "D1" versus "Domestic" service characteristics:

D1:
- Seats
- Bedding (yay!)
- Headphones

Domestic:
- NO amenity kits (not even eye shades)
- No menus
- No upgraded alcohol

Somewhere in-between (I think, I haven't taken other redeyes lately):
- Dinner. We did get an actual meal (choice of chicken sliders or salad).

Hope this is helpful
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As mentioned in the other thread, the flight is being transitioned to F from D1 and the actual equipment will swap to domestic F on 10/16. They just started selling it as F prior to making the actual equipment swap. As with a number of other routes these days, this is not a dedicated D1 route and has a mix of D1 and F flights and they are changing the mix.

https://news.delta.com/delta-one-ser...mestic-markets

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.