PE Booking Award Travel for Family

Old Oct 11, 2018, 8:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM; Sheraton's Vistana BOD; SPG Gold
PE Booking Award Travel for Family

So, I'm looking to book four award tickets for next year for four family members. I will still be PE next year.

If I need to cancel or change the four tickets, will there be any penalties?
Old Oct 11, 2018, 8:28 pm

It all depends on whose SM account they came out of originally and the status of that member on the day you want to return the points to your account. So as long as you are PM and the points come from your account amd you are still PM if/when you cancel the tickets then you get a full redeposit at no charge, assuming the flights are all cancelled by T-72.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 9:25 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
This above. The potential problem is that you don't have enough miles for everyone, and you book one of the other people with miles from their own Skymiles accounts, and they don't have PM or DM status, which is sounds like they probably don't. You won't have problems redepositing the three tickets from your account, but the fourth may not fly. Wait, I unwittingly wrote something punny!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.