FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Issue with China Eastern (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1935036-issue-china-eastern.html)

BusTrav8yrs Oct 11, 2018 8:49 am

Issue with China Eastern

I posted this already on the SkyTeam forum but was hoping someone here might have some insight

I purchased a business class ticket to JFK-PVG-BKK in November four months ago. They just changed my itinerary to flying economy on the JFK-PVG 15hr flight.

I wanted to cancel the booking and they are saying there is a $150 fee per ticket.

Is there any way to get that waived. This is ridiculous they are charging me a fee for an unacceptable change in cabin.

Jaimito Cartero Oct 11, 2018 8:50 am

Originally Posted by BusTrav8yrs (Post 30303616)
I posted this already on the SkyTeam forum but was hoping someone here might have some insight

I purchased a business class ticket to JFK-PVG-BKK in November four months ago. They just changed my itinerary to flying economy on the JFK-PVG 15hr flight.

I wanted to cancel the booking and they are saying there is a $150 fee per ticket.

Is there any way to get that waived. This is ridiculous they are charging me a fee for an unacceptable change in cabin.

A DOT complaint?

What was the price paid for the ticket?

LoganFlyer Oct 11, 2018 8:50 am

Since this is the DL forum, I have to ask: is DL involved in any way in this ticket? (Did you use DL miles to book it, did you book it on the DL website, etc.?)

MSPeconomist Oct 11, 2018 8:53 am

Wat the ticket purchased through an OLTA? Was there a codeshare involved, with possible fare code confusion? Did you have a mistake fare of some sort? Did you look at the fare rules at the time you purchased the ticket? What was the fare class and fare code purchased? [Someone here might be able to check this on EF if you provide details so that you can check whether you really purchased a business class ticket.]

Also, is the flight full in business class?

BusTrav8yrs Oct 11, 2018 9:02 am

I bought the tickets through justfly.com. I don't remember what the fare rules were and of course being China Eastern it is impossible to look at any part of the reservation online. It was definitely in Business, I was able to select seats in row 7.

BusTrav8yrs Oct 11, 2018 9:03 am

Originally Posted by LoganFlyer (Post 30303623)
Since this is the DL forum, I have to ask: is DL involved in any way in this ticket? (Did you use DL miles to book it, did you book it on the DL website, etc.?)

perhaps you should read the first line of my post.

MSPeconomist Oct 11, 2018 9:07 am

Originally Posted by BusTrav8yrs (Post 30303679)
I bought the tickets through justfly.com. I don't remember what the fare rules were and of course being China Eastern it is impossible to look at any part of the reservation online. It was definitely in Business, I was able to select seats in row 7.

I suspect that justfly sold you a ticket with a broken fare and only the shorter segment in business class for a seemingly good price; codeshare may have added to the confusion. However, my advice remains to investigate the exact fare classes and fare codes that were purchased. Just having an OLTA show business and even permit you to pick a seat in business class does not prove that you have purchased a genuine business class fare.

You might try contacting justfly as they are your travel agent, but good luck with this.

BTW, did you read about justfly in the OLTA forum on FT before booking this?

BenA Oct 11, 2018 10:07 am

Go to saudia.com (I know, weird) and use their site to pull up your reservation. What are the fare class codes for each flight segment? Is there any additional information there, like a fare basis code or receipt information, that might be relevant?

garuda-Indonesia.com can also pull up China Eastern reservations and may also yield some information that could be of some help explaining what happened here...

Billy Mumphrey Oct 11, 2018 10:16 am

Originally Posted by BenA (Post 30303896)
Go to saudia.com (I know, weird) and use their site to pull up your reservation. What are the fare class codes for each flight segment? Is there any additional information there, like a fare basis code or receipt information, that might be relevant?

garuda-Indonesia.com can also pull up China Eastern reservations and may also yield some information that could be of some help explaining what happened here...

What about the ticket verification link on the China Eastern website? I also booked an MU business class ticket for November and can see my reservation there. That was the only way I could see the fare codes on each leg (all my segments were I or J).

Justfly had the best price when I bought, but the reviews of that site are pretty terrible. I booked on Priceline and did their best rate guarantee and they ended up matching the price for justfly.

wxman22 Oct 11, 2018 10:39 am

Originally Posted by BenA (Post 30303896)

Wow. Thanks so much. I too have an MU flight in two weeks and I was able to find it on Saudia.com Fare basis and class code is there also.

LoganFlyer Oct 11, 2018 10:47 am

Originally Posted by BusTrav8yrs (Post 30303684)

I did. The first line of your post said nothing about how you acquired the ticket, just that you posted elsewhere on FT already.

Zorak Oct 11, 2018 11:33 am

Might get more traction here?

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/othe...-airlines-470/

Mods pinged for potential thread relocation.

samwise6222 Oct 11, 2018 11:47 am

which still doesn't explain what this has to do with delta

IMO, it seems like JustFly sold you a bad fare?

FSUnole03 Oct 11, 2018 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by BusTrav8yrs (Post 30303616)

Two questions:

1). Did JustFly reach you to via phone or email with a notification your reservation had been changed or how did you realize this?
2). Did JustFly offer to rectify the situation and find another business class flight instead or did they do nothing and then tell you it was $150 to cancel?

pharmawalk Oct 11, 2018 10:38 pm

Perhaps you should read the rules about double posting....not allowed