Search

Proposal for a New DM Benefit ?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2018, 12:07 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Proposal for a New DM Benefit ?

Random question: how many people would think this is a good idea?

instead of offering PREM boarding for DM they have 2 or 3 overhead bins closed and reserved only for DM at the front of the plane (they know how many will be on board so they can allocate the right amount) so that DMs can board last and still have a spot for your bag?

i for one would love that as like most of us here probably spend enough time in planes and minimizing even 20-30 minutes a flight not being in a plane would make a big difference.

Is is it feasible? Maybe yes maybe no but more curious if people think this would be a good benefit?
hi55us and tentseller like this.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 12:18 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Seems like a fantastic idea, although DM already gets C+ at booking and C+ (in theory) has reserved OHB space.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 12:18 pm

Programs: DL DM
Brag tags could finally serve a purpose.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 12:22 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ajggiant
Brag tags could finally serve a purpose.
well of course other than their obvious bragging and DYKWIA purposes.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 12:45 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Dynamic OHB assignment? Not a chance. And in the front of the main cabin is already the C+ reserved bins, so now what would passengers in the rows after C+ do?

If you want to board last, use your free checked baggage allowance. That's a single 20min delay on arrival instead of 20-30min at each leg.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 1:03 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Dedicated bins? Not feasible for a variety of reasons (no guarantee the flight won’t be elite heavy, lack of enforcement, it complicates stowage for whoever is under those seats, if you put it at a bulkhead those passengers already have to scramble).

The variant that makes sense is the “bag valet” that was tested at some airports, where you hand your carryon to a DL employee at the gate and they stow it over your seat for you. Offering that as a DM privilege would be a nice touch, although labor intensive.
DiverDave likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 1:41 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
So never asked if it was feasible or for suggestions on how I can board last and still not worry about putting my bag overhead.

I sinply asked originally whether People would like an idea like this?
Old Oct 10, 2018, 1:59 pm

Programs: Diamond Medallion, Delta Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by vincentharris
Random question: how many people would think this is a good idea?

instead of offering PREM boarding for DM they have 2 or 3 overhead bins closed and reserved only for DM at the front of the plane (they know how many will be on board so they can allocate the right amount) so that DMs can board last and still have a spot for your bag?

i for one would love that as like most of us here probably spend enough time in planes and minimizing even 20-30 minutes a flight not being in a plane would make a big difference.

Is is it feasible? Maybe yes maybe no but more curious if people think this would be a good benefit?
where would that come from though? the people in the seats where those overheads are probably aren't going to be too down with that idea.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 2:11 pm

Programs: DL DM
One more thing for GA's and FA's to try and control. Heck, they can't control Zone boarding and carry-on's. This would be one more thing
they couldn't do and one more disappointment.
KBMIFlyer and DiverDave like this.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 2:13 pm

Programs: DL Gold
Originally Posted by sdadept
where would that come from though? the people in the seats where those overheads are probably aren't going to be too down with that idea.
"F--- 'em they're peons", is, I think, the proper DYKWIA response
TheHorta likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I thought this thread was about DL to announce new benefit for DM.
HDQDD, TetonSig and TheHorta like this.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
I thought DM's got an FO to schlep their bags around and have them ready at the boarding door upon arrival. Is that no longer a benefit? I make DM on my next flight and was just about to start a new thread on whether I could request arrival FO-schlepper service while in-air.
puck021, TheHorta and AANYC1981 like this.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 4:34 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
So never asked if it was feasible or for suggestions on how I can board last and still not worry about putting my bag overhead.

No.

(Since you chastise people for elaborating on their answers, I will refrain. )

Last edited by CPMaverick; Oct 10, 2018 at 4:42 pm
Old Oct 10, 2018, 6:27 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by gooselee
I thought DM's got an FO to schlep their bags around and have them ready at the boarding door upon arrival. Is that no longer a benefit? I make DM on my next flight and was just about to start a new thread on whether I could request arrival FO-schlepper service while in-air.
Sorry that's been discontinued. Some of us didn't mind because the PREM zone is way better than Zone1.
gooselee likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond

If it is not feasible then whether people would like it or not is irrelevant.
HDQDD and DiverDave like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.