Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DM priority

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2018, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO
AA publishes CK as a status level. It's only by invitation. As far as 360, the two years I had it, you had same priority as DM for upgrades. Has it changed? I haven't seen anything posted anywhere. I could easily get reinvited if I moved all my AA/OW travel back to DL/ST. It was only when I split the travel I lost it. As it is I'm dropping AA next year. Currently plan on booking on UA/*A but would move it back to DL/ST if 360 does indeed now get higher priority.
360 is not a published level so there won't be any instances of published upgrade priority for this level. I am curious about your statement that 360 has same priority as DM. Did you see your name below other DMs when you had 360?
Just to be clear my statement was only for domestic US travel. International upgrades are purely GUC unless it is an OpUp situation and then GA gets to apply some discretion
Old Oct 10, 2018, 1:16 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by TheHorta

I wondered about this. I sat next to another DM. I booked an actual Y class fare. There were plenty of seats in F so I was confident of the UG. Sure enough, T-24 I was 1/17 for 4 available seats when, at T-2 I slipped to 2/21 for the same 4 seats. I figured RUC, as I also have two AXR cards and have long since hit the $250K waiver and the MQD / MQM thresholds for DM requalification. Coincidentally, she was seated next to me in 1A, so we struck up a casual conversation and I asked if she burned a RUC. She said no, but she was a 2MM. Same fare, AXR, but had hit the $25K but not $250K waiver.

The only difference we could could determine was her 2MM and no MM for me.
Or, she had hit the $25K versus your waiver approach via the $250K Amex spending. Maybe DL ranks DL spending above Amex spending in the upgrade priority.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jeet
360 is not a published level so there won't be any instances of published upgrade priority for this level. I am curious about your statement that 360 has same priority as DM. Did you see your name below other DMs when you had 360?
Just to be clear my statement was only for domestic US travel. International upgrades are purely GUC unless it is an OpUp situation and then GA gets to apply some discretion
Yes. I was listed below a non-360 DM, domestic F upgrade. Also I had asked and was told it didn't get you priority over DMs. Of course it's DL, the only constant is inconsistency in policy answers.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 1:46 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Originally Posted by flyerCO
AA publishes CK as a status level. It's only by invitation. As far as 360, the two years I had it, you had same priority as DM for upgrades. Has it changed? I haven't seen anything posted anywhere. I could easily get reinvited if I moved all my AA/OW travel back to DL/ST. It was only when I split the travel I lost it. As it is I'm dropping AA next year. Currently plan on booking on UA/*A but would move it back to DL/ST if 360 does indeed now get higher priority.
stricly out of curiousity how many dollars did you drive towards DL/do you drive to AA that you get 360 or CK
Old Oct 10, 2018, 4:36 pm

Programs: SPG LT Gold, DL PM 1MM
Went from DM to 360 with same travel route behavior (a lot of NYC-BOS last minutes) and I did note a near consistent #1 on the upgrade list since 360, which was not the case as a DM. Published or not, I believe it does matter.
TheHorta and jspira like this.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 4:42 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Originally Posted by cre95
Or, she had hit the $25K versus your waiver approach via the $250K Amex spending. Maybe DL ranks DL spending above Amex spending in the upgrade priority.
I had reached both thresholds. MQM and DL waiver.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 4:50 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Originally Posted by audidudi
The only other thing I can think of is that she booked her flight before you did!
Maybe, but she wasn’t anywhere on the list at T-24 thru T-3, while I was at #1. At T-2 she popped up and was #1.

Old Oct 10, 2018, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by atttaboy
Also, 360s are above Diamonds, or so that's what Delta sent to 360s.
While most 360s are Diamonds, some are not. I believe they can be as low as Silver.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by TheHorta

Maybe, but she wasn’t anywhere on the list at T-24 thru T-3, while I was at #1. At T-2 she popped up and was #1.

People don’t show up on those lists until they check in, right? If she hadn’t done so until two hours ahead (...like arriving at the airport, but not at home or in app) but bought her ticket before you did that would explain it.
TheHorta likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by sethb
While most 360s are Diamonds, some are not. I believe they can be as low as Silver.
All 360s are Diamonds. Diamond status comes with this level. Just like DPJ membership gets you diamond status
Old Oct 11, 2018, 7:28 am

Programs: Delta DM 360
Originally Posted by ethernal
What's the specific verbiage that was used? If it's the same old "highest upgrade priority" then I believe the understanding is that it's the same priority as Diamond (which is the "highest upgrade priority"). Did the verbiage change last year to specifically say "above Diamond"? This would be a major change (Global Services provides upgrade priority over top elites, 360 and Concierge Key historically have not).
The specific quote was: "Top of the list for Complimentary Upgrades for you and your travel companion."

Anecdotally, I fly a good bit of paid business TATL & TPAC for work and domestic last minute flights, sometimes in paid first, sometimes not. My travel last year was about $100K in spend and ~300K in MQMs, of which about 40K were rollover past Diamond from the previous year. I had a job change that upped my international travel substantially.

I'm only about 75% on upgrades when booked in coach.

For leisure travel, I typically book coach and sometimes use miles for my companion and me. When I do that, I'm typically at the very top or very near the top of the list. GAs never recognize me as a 360, FAs in Delta One say something about 20% of the time. I've never had a Porsche ride, never had a sign greeting me off of a flight - so nothing much special. The call-in line is basically very low wait times, very friendly and will do almost anything I need, within reason.

Having been Silver, Gold, Platinum & Diamond over the last 20 years, it's really different to always be at the top of the list - I could get used to this!!

Ask any other questions you'd like.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 11:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by audidudi
The only other thing I can think of is that she booked her flight before you did!
It's time of UPGRADE REQUEST which is the tiebreaker. Time of booking does not matter at all.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 11:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by gregsfortytwo

People don’t show up on those lists until they check in, right? If she hadn’t done so until two hours ahead (...like arriving at the airport, but not at home or in app) but bought her ticket before you did that would explain it.
Time of ticket purchase does not matter except that one cannot be upgraded before the ticket has been purchased/issued.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 11:43 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It's time of UPGRADE REQUEST which is the tiebreaker. Time of booking does not matter at all.
most of the time, the request time and the booking time will be (for practical purposes) the same
gregsfortytwo likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 12:55 pm

Programs: DL DM 2.4MM
Originally Posted by jeet
All 360s are Diamonds. Diamond status comes with this level. Just like DPJ membership gets you diamond status
I have a close friend that was Platinum and 360 - She had been a loyal United flyer and moved over to Delta. I believe it’s also given to senior individuals that manage coorporate travel contracts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.