Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

A 25-year-old plane with 25-year-old interior

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A 25-year-old plane with 25-year-old interior

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2018, 1:23 am

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Weekend Away
Do Delta's domestic 767's have IFE where you can select from a variety of shows and movies and play/pause independently of others on the plane?
Yes. All DL planes with IFE, including the domestic 767s, have individual TVs where every passenger can decide what they want to watch at any time, unlike the UA setup you described.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 2:31 am

Programs: Blinged Out
Originally Posted by robnsfla
Great airplane...I'm shocked someone is complaining..they should sit in a middle seat cross country of the 7379 or the a321 and then they will know what to appreciate..the twin aisles make the plane so easy for the passengers to move around...the lavatories are nice as well....I always thought the boarding was faster with the twin aisles
and I can't remember the percent but i thinks it's 83 % of the seats are windows and aisles...very few middle seats...do the math !..

I am hoping Delta will move 10 to 20 767's that are international and reconfigure them for domestic 767 service for their last 10 years of service...

Delta I hope you are thinking of this idea...for load heavy routes like ATL-LAX and ATL-LAS and ATL-SLC and ATL-SEA and ATL-SFO and ATL-SAN
When you do the reconfigure you could update the bins and put in the larger IFE
You may be able to pick up some used 767's on the market as well

In theory, they could use the brand new PE seats for domestic F in a 2-2-2 and the regular seats with the new IFE in the back for C+ and main cabin. It’s actually not a bad idea imo.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 5:40 am

Because United still flies, intentionally I might add, planes where there are three movies and they start and stop at the same time for everyone. Like watching a movie on a bus in high school. Can't pause anything. Awful experience.
Very surprising that this system is still flying. I was surprised to see it on a United flight back in 2014 - tiny screen with a poor selection of looping video... but I figured it must have been on its way out at the time. Guess not.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by robnsfla
Great airplane...I'm shocked someone is complaining..they should sit in a middle seat cross country of the 7379 or the a321 and then they will know what to appreciate..the twin aisles make the plane so easy for the passengers to move around...the lavatories are nice as well....I always thought the boarding was faster with the twin aisles
and I can't remember the percent but i thinks it's 83 % of the seats are windows and aisles...very few middle seats...do the math !..

I am hoping Delta will move 10 to 20 767's that are international and reconfigure them for domestic 767 service for their last 10 years of service...

Delta I hope you are thinking of this idea...for load heavy routes like ATL-LAX and ATL-LAS and ATL-SLC and ATL-SEA and ATL-SFO and ATL-SAN
When you do the reconfigure you could update the bins and put in the larger IFE
You may be able to pick up some used 767's on the market as well
One, DL needs those planes for international service. Two, why would they need to reconfigure them? Doing so prevents them from being used on international flights. Seats in Y are the same 2-3-2 either way. You're basically asking them to spend money to decrease the 767s usefulness to them, which no meaningful return on investment. Those buying F will always be willing to pay more for a lay flat seat on few routes 767 works domestically
Old Oct 7, 2018, 8:25 am

Programs: Skymiles Gold
Originally Posted by LoganFlyer
Yes. All DL planes with IFE, including the domestic 767s, have individual TVs where every passenger can decide what they want to watch at any time, unlike the UA setup you described.
I would much rather have a domestic wide body, even with older IFE, than a narrow body. I flew one, years ago, ATL-MCO and it was a great experience.

Originally Posted by ATLMike1234
Very surprising that this system is still flying. I was surprised to see it on a United flight back in 2014 - tiny screen with a poor selection of looping video... but I figured it must have been on its way out at the time. Guess not.
This was last December, so relatively recent. ORD-CDG. I was a bit flabbergasted to be honest.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 8:41 am

Programs: Chase Sapphire Reserve, WFBF
Do Delta's domestic 767's have IFE where you can select from a variety of shows and movies and play/pause independently of others on the plane?

Because United still flies, intentionally I might add, planes where there are three movies and they start and stop at the same time for everyone. Like watching a movie on a bus in high school. Can't pause anything. Awful experience.
AA's 763s have overhead screens that play the same movie for everyone. They fly internationally, and AA has no plans to update them. AA Boeing 763 / 767-300ER Technology (IFE, power, WiFi, etc.)
Old Oct 7, 2018, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by wetrat0
AA's 763s have overhead screens that play the same movie for everyone. They fly internationally, and AA has no plans to update them. AA Boeing 763 / 767-300ER Technology (IFE, power, WiFi, etc.)
AA is getting rid of 767s, thus no mods. Even the new J seat was stripped down model. Only installed due to JV requirement for lay flat in J.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 8:54 am

Programs: Skymiles Gold
Originally Posted by wetrat0
Originally Posted by flyerCO
AA is getting rid of 767s, thus no mods. Even the new J seat was stripped down model. Only installed due to JV requirement for lay flat in J.
What the h-e-double hockey stick.

OP, things could be significantly worse.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 12:11 pm

Programs: DL PM; MR Titanium & LTT; Hilton Diamond; National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by ethernal
The AA A321s are actually quite excellent - I fly those any time I can. The US Airways A321 aren't great but I'd definitely take them in Y over a 739 - more pitch on average and wider seats.
Legacy AA A321s (32B) are awesome planes. A really nice AVOD system (I personally like it better than DLs) and USB and AC power at each and every seat, plus a generous amount of MCE seats. The legacy US A321s, IMO, are crap. No power, no IFE and only exit row and bulkhead MCE, I hate those birds and tried to avoid them at all cost. Discount Duggie is removing the IFE on legacy AA narrow bodies. That, along with leaving the LUS A321s in their US confit with no power or MCE, played a significant factor into my leaving AA for DL earlier this year.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 6:21 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by flyerCO
I have flown these on AA quite a number of times. To say they are a joke completely understates the situation. They are an absolute embarrassment. My favorite thing is being handed a table in J with a few movies on it as my IFE and then having them collect it and the headphones AN HOUR before arrival into your destination. I don't think there is any way anything on DL could ever be as bad as things are over at AA right now. I'll take DL's crap 763 and smile all of the way.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 6:54 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by flamingocrazyfl

Legacy AA A321s (32B) are awesome planes. A really nice AVOD system (I personally like it better than DLs) and USB and AC power at each and every seat, plus a generous amount of MCE seats. The legacy US A321s, IMO, are crap. No power, no IFE and only exit row and bulkhead MCE, I hate those birds and tried to avoid them at all cost. Discount Duggie is removing the IFE on legacy AA narrow bodies. That, along with leaving the LUS A321s in their US confit with no power or MCE, played a significant factor into my leaving AA for DL earlier this year.
Yeah, but that IFE system on the AA A321 was filled with content by the Marquis de Sade, who must have personally been responsible for loading Plants vs Zombies into the games selection. I’m 2 for 2 on AA flights onboard that thing where someone behind me decided to play. Removing those systems is the right move if they’re going to be a permanent head massage feature you can’t turn off...
Old Oct 8, 2018, 3:43 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Flew this bird this morning in Y. Excellent comfort compared to the alternative (739) - plush, wide seats and a little extra pitch.

My one complaint is that the Wifi was terrible. Since they are retiring this plane they never upgraded it to satellite internet - and I don't think they even upgraded it to the higher (10 mbps) ATG solution. 3 megabits per second for a 260+ passenger plane is just way too little. Even syncing email was a challenge.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 8:36 pm

Programs: AARP, DL Skymiles, Marriot Bonvoy, Moe's Rewards
I’m flying one of these soon, a Boeing 767-300ER (76H/76Z) specifically in comfort plus for 10 hours. What should I expect? Any tips?
Old Oct 8, 2018, 8:41 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by fsuj25
I’m flying one of these soon, a Boeing 767-300ER (76H/76Z) specifically in comfort plus for 10 hours. What should I expect? Any tips?
The 76H/76Z is the international configuration. With that said, not much difference seat-wise versus the domestic version (wide, comfortable seats). You should enjoy the flight (although some people get cranky about the slightly dated IFE).
Old Oct 9, 2018, 12:07 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by fsuj25
Expect... a great flight. The international planes are much more recently updated with modern overhead bins and other amenities. They’re still not gleaming new airplanes, but they’re nothing like the 80’s time warp that the domestic versions are. C+ on these planes is fantastic, with a pretty humane 2-3-2 layout. The only real downside is a fair amount of foot traffic to the mid-cabin lavatories.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.