Thanks Delta Schedule Change

Old Oct 4, 18, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL SILVER AMEX MRHH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Thanks Delta Schedule Change

BOS-DTW-LAS connect time got reduced to a 15 minute connection. Was able to change to BOS-JFK-LAS with the JFK-LAS now in Delta One. I must say this was a welcome schedule change for once.
Old Oct 4, 18, 4:10 pm

Programs: Delta, United, AA, Jet Blue .... Whichever is Cheapest
Originally Posted by barney44 View Post
....now in Delta One.
At no extra charge? Wow!
Old Oct 4, 18, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by RRDD View Post

At no extra charge? Wow!
Schedule changes/IRROPS can move from F to D1. Only SDC/SDS don't allow F to D1 changes .
Old Oct 4, 18, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL SILVER AMEX MRHH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Correct

Yes no charge for me and companion.

Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
Schedule changes/IRROPS can move from F to D1. Only SDC/SDS don't allow F to D1 changes .
Old Oct 5, 18, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by barney44 View Post
BOS-DTW-LAS connect time got reduced to a 15 minute connection. Was able to change to BOS-JFK-LAS with the JFK-LAS now in Delta One. I must say this was a welcome schedule change for once.
I'm off to Vegas on Sunday, but will be missing out on that D1 flight. Sigh, next time.

Mike
Old Oct 7, 18, 9:29 am

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Also thankful for schedule change today. Mrs. Lee returning with me from a work trip, but the only award available at booking was a loooong layover at JFK and 11pm arrival back to ATL. Schedule change, which I honestly didn't even notice or get notified about, moved the flight back to a near midnight arrival, which the agent was able to use to get her on an a JFK-ATL 3 hours earlier (she actually suggested one 4 hours earlier, but that would have created a <90 min JFK connection which was a little slim as she'll probably have multiple checked bags).

Interesting note - I originally called just to see if the earlier flights were available to make a straight change. The agent said that the earlier flight was in fact available, but for a customer-requested itinerary change the system forces her to rebook the entire O/D, and not just individual segments. And since the int'l/partner flight was no longer available, she couldn't do it that way. She then asked if there was any other reason or changes to our itinerary that were making us want the change (with as much of a grin/wink as she could convey over the phone), and as soon as I said "Oh, I think there may have been a small schedule change" she confirmed there had been since the original booking and she could process it that way to get a new flight that works better for us.

Basically, I think I won at both Schedule Change Saturday and agent roulette today.
miraclebear2003 and strickerj like this.