Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Your Business Travel Stats Deserve A Shout-Out

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2018, 9:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC

Anyone else get that email? The stats don't seem especially accurate for me. They save I've flown 83k miles this year, which is substantially more than I have flown. It's substantially more than my MQMs (with rollover included) as well. The other stats, for top destinations and my homebase (MSP) are right, but I doubt the percentage is right if they had the right number of miles for me.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 9:45 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
These emails are a joke - not sure what the value of these sorts of emails are.

Mine are also way off - it says I've flown 294,269 miles this year. Real butt-in-seat miles on DL metal are around 200K, a bit less if you're only looking at business travel. No idea how they end up with 294K. Maybe it's going back 1 calendar year and not YTD? Even then it seems a tiny bit off.

Most popular destinations seem about right..ish.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 10:54 am

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond
Yeah, maybe the only one that's close for me is the top 5% out of MSP. Where in the world do they get these stats?
Old Oct 3, 2018, 12:33 pm

I know that my stats that they quoted in the e-mail are incorrect. E-mail stated that I have 94,000 miles this year and the skymiles tracker shows only 47,000 miles )which seems correct to me as I scaled my travel back this year).

I will gladly take the 94,000 as my skymiles mileage if they will put it into the account.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
AA did that sort of thing last year, but they did it via the mail
It showed my standing among other elites and included new million miler tags based on how many millions you had traveled.
It also included the countries I had visited the most.. (well that was way off)
Old Oct 3, 2018, 2:36 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by ethernal
These emails are a joke - not sure what the value of these sorts of emails are.
Marketing probably thinks it increases engagement with the brand or some buzzwordy BS like that I'm sure it works on some people.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 6:22 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
I never get these emails.

Delta hates me.
Weekend Away and MEABFlyer like this.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 7:12 pm

Programs: AC SEMM DL DM
Did anyone get anything else but "top 5%" of their home market, or is that just default?

Personally, not sure Delta even has the 20 YYZ-based fliers it would take for me to make a legit top five per cent.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Saying I’m top 5% is one thing, treating me as top 5% is another.
wlau, TheHorta and olegator like this.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 8:27 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA MPG, Marriott Plt
Originally Posted by HometoYYZ
Did anyone get anything else but "top 5%" of their home market, or is that just default?
I'm NYC based and after logging an alleged 55K miles for business, it has me in the top 10%.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 8:36 pm

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
My problem is I had several IROPs this year (actually quite many than prior years), in which they routed me all over the country but they only gave me miles for the original ticketed flights. My butt-in-seat back-pain butt-pain miles far exceeded my credited miles... For a west coast guy, I've seen a lot of Atlanta and Minni this year... I am also a top 5% according to this email but they don't treat me like a top 5%er.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 8:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by wlau
My problem is I had several IROPs this year (actually quite many than prior years), in which they routed me all over the country but they only gave me miles for the original ticketed flights. My butt-in-seat back-pain butt-pain miles far exceeded my credited miles... For a west coast guy, I've seen a lot of Atlanta and Minni this year... I am also a top 5% according to this email but they don't treat me like a top 5%er.
My understanding is that this shouldn't have happened in that one must specifically request ORC. Otherwise you get credit for the flights you actually flew. Once this worked to my advantage and when I requested credit for missing segments, I was very clear to say that I didn't want ORC. It wasn't a problem.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 9:09 pm

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
My understanding is that this shouldn't have happened in that one must specifically request ORC. Otherwise you get credit for the flights you actually flew. Once this worked to my advantage and when I requested credit for missing segments, I was very clear to say that I didn't want ORC. It wasn't a problem.
So I thought as well. The automatic auditing will catch it and revert back. I even talked to SkyPesos agents via Diamond desk and they told me on IROP or non-volunteered change, you only get miles for the ticketed flight... Next time, I am gonna force them to give me SLC or MSP, instead of going through ATL or DTW.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 10:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by wlau
So I thought as well. The automatic auditing will catch it and revert back. I even talked to SkyPesos agents via Diamond desk and they told me on IROP or non-volunteered change, you only get miles for the ticketed flight... Next time, I am gonna force them to give me SLC or MSP, instead of going through ATL or DTW.
NO, in my case it was an IROPs rebooking and I clearly could have had ORC if desired. Also, AFAIK doing a SDC/SDS onto a longer itinerary permits earning more than ORC, while taking a longer routing due to a compensated VDB (hence voluntary) doesn't give the choice (but I've also heard of FTers negotiating VDBs with crazy rebookings for the additional miles, just as some FTers advocate using SDC to get more MQMs). In addition, I've seen reports of other airlines refusing to give ORC for partner itineraries/reroutings. Of course the SDC/SDS onto the longer itinerary should be considered voluntary too, just as a VDB is voluntary, so I'm confused at this point about what is truly the criterion.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Yeah mine is a mixed bag

Off by about 20k miles (has me down for 102k which is accurate for my overall year BIS but only about 85k has been on DL). It does have me as top 5% for RDU which I can easily believe at 85k.

It's accurate on the first 2 "most frequent" with New York and SFO but the third as AMS is bizarre since I've only flown ex-AMS once and all my other Europe travel has been O&D to other destinations with a CDG connection

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.