Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Can I have more than one dessert on this flight?

Can I have more than one dessert on this flight?

Old Oct 4, 18, 1:42 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: LAS
Programs: DL DM 1MM, Hertz PC, National EE, Marriott TE, GE
Posts: 88
Can I have more than one dessert on this flight?

Flight was delayed by 8 hours. Looks like a lot of people decided to travel another way or day? How much ice cream will they let me have or will they remove it for weight balance issues. (Not necessarily the aircraft weight)


Ursa81 likes this.
Skystreak is offline  
Old Oct 4, 18, 1:55 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Posts: 4,217
As much as they will serve....ask nicely and you'll likely get all that you want
NOLAnwGOLD is offline  
Old Oct 4, 18, 3:08 am
  #3  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Antonio
Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 16,076
Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD View Post
As much as they will serve....ask nicely and you'll likely get all that you want
Unless you're flying PEK-DTW yesterday. At least 8 or 9 empty D1 seats. Asked for an extra ice cream, was denied (mainly asked cause the 2 scoops catering put in the bowl were small. Literally smaller than a small single serve cup.) Come to find out crew saved ice cream for themselves.

Crew was great otherwise.
Ursa81 likes this.
flyerCO is online now  
Old Oct 4, 18, 8:03 am
  #4  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NYC
Posts: 23,076
I had no problem getting a second bowl of the Thai coconut soup on a recent flight that was full (though actually the FA proactively offered after she noticed I had slurped it down , she said they had plenty) And also no problem asking for cheese and tiramisu ("certainly!"). But maybe the ice cream is off-limits, for the crew. Lol.
ijgordon is offline  
Old Oct 4, 18, 8:56 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Programs: FlyingBlue Gold; Skymiles Platinum
Posts: 418
You might want to edit the photo to block or your name.
Weekend Away is online now  
Old Oct 4, 18, 8:58 am
  #6  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Antonio
Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 16,076
Originally Posted by Weekend Away View Post
You might want to edit the photo to block or your name.
Most on here know it.
flyerCO is online now  
Old Oct 4, 18, 10:27 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: PHX, SEA
Programs: DL Silver, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Global Entry (Former AA Plt/Gold)
Posts: 3,195
Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD View Post
As much as they will serve....ask nicely and you'll likely get all that you want
I disagree. D1 PRG-JFK back in August, my wife had express dining, but got into a show so she ended up being awake the whole meal service. She asked for ice cream and was refused. It would have been completely reasonable for the FA to have said something like "if there's any left once we finish the meal service", but an outright refusal - "the cheese is your dessert" is what my wife was told.

Meanwhile last Nov I had the opposite experience so I guess it depends on how badly the crew wants a leftover sundae
Gig103 is offline  
Old Oct 4, 18, 10:53 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SFO/SMF
Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Posts: 1,903
Sigh....first world problems. As long as they don't limit the number of cherries on top of my sundae, otherwise.........
fozziedoggie is offline  
Old Oct 4, 18, 11:07 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: DFW
Programs: AA Plat Pro, DL Plat
Posts: 6,770
Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
Most on here know it.
From?
james318 is offline  
Old Oct 4, 18, 11:20 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Posts: 2,282
Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
Unless you're flying PEK-DTW yesterday. At least 8 or 9 empty D1 seats. Asked for an extra ice cream, was denied (mainly asked cause the 2 scoops catering put in the bowl were small. Literally smaller than a small single serve cup.) Come to find out crew saved ice cream for themselves.

Crew was great otherwise.
Originally Posted by Gig103 View Post
I disagree. D1 PRG-JFK back in August, my wife had express dining, but got into a show so she ended up being awake the whole meal service. She asked for ice cream and was refused. It would have been completely reasonable for the FA to have said something like "if there's any left once we finish the meal service", but an outright refusal - "the cheese is your dessert" is what my wife was told.

Meanwhile last Nov I had the opposite experience so I guess it depends on how badly the crew wants a leftover sundae
I hope both of you have/will reported these two incidents.

None of the food loaded for passengers is to be "held back" for the crew. Doing so is stealing, especially a non-perishable item.

Its also far from the exceptional service DL markets DL1 as. If you report it, the FAs will likely hear about it and cull this unethical behavior. Not saying anythint simply leads to them repeating their poor behavior
btonkid12345 is offline  
Old Oct 4, 18, 11:54 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: PHX, SEA
Programs: DL Silver, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Global Entry (Former AA Plt/Gold)
Posts: 3,195
Originally Posted by btonkid12345 View Post
I hope both of you have/will reported these two incidents.

None of the food loaded for passengers is to be "held back" for the crew. Doing so is stealing, especially a non-perishable item.

Its also far from the exceptional service DL markets DL1 as. If you report it, the FAs will likely hear about it and cull this unethical behavior. Not saying anythint simply leads to them repeating their poor behavior
Hrm, I had not reported it and I'm not sure if it's too late to be useful doing so 6 weeks later. I also can't prove that the FA was holding it back.
Gig103 is offline  
Old Oct 4, 18, 12:41 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Seattle
Programs: DL DM; HZ PC; Natl Exec Elite; SPG; Amex Plat
Posts: 344
I've had luck on a domestic D1 flight before - around Christmas a couple of years ago, there were only 4 of us in F on a 757 and when asked which desserts I wanted, I just asked for "all of them".. and got all of them!
manacit is offline  
Old Oct 4, 18, 12:41 pm
  #13  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Antonio
Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 16,076
Originally Posted by james318 View Post
From?
His previous posts. Not sure the reason, but he's never blanked it out.
flyerCO is online now  
Old Oct 4, 18, 12:43 pm
  #14  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Antonio
Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 16,076
Originally Posted by btonkid12345 View Post
I hope both of you have/will reported these two incidents.

None of the food loaded for passengers is to be "held back" for the crew. Doing so is stealing, especially a non-perishable item.

Its also far from the exceptional service DL markets DL1 as. If you report it, the FAs will likely hear about it and cull this unethical behavior. Not saying anythint simply leads to them repeating their poor behavior
If the crew hadn't been great otherwise I might. However really enjoyed them.
flyerCO is online now  
Old Oct 4, 18, 1:16 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 58
Originally Posted by fozziedoggie View Post
Sigh....first world problems. As long as they don't limit the number of cherries on top of my sundae, otherwise.........
Fozzie:

I eat anything but I know a guy that is a major player in maraschino cherry production and he even he won’t touch them. Nasty chemicals - IMHO, steer clear! 😉
rowsign is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread