Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Is 36min connection time enough at MSP?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is 36min connection time enough at MSP?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2018, 9:15 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Does anyone know if DL takes pax status into account when deciding to hold a flight? My assumption is that they don't, that they hold it if they can without causing more problems down the line (crew time out, delaying pax for connections at destination, etc) and/or if holding it will prevent them from having to pay for a bunch of hotel rooms.
I don't think so - but I have no way of knowing other than being able to say I pretty much never see DL flights being held. The only time I've ever experienced Delta clearly holding for connecting passengers is on the last flight of the day out of a hub or when there are such serious IRROPs that half the plane hasn't boarded yet and there is no way they get an ATC slot anyways.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 3:28 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Originally Posted by Rommie2k6
I just got Diamond a few months back. I spent $250k on my DL cards to get it. Don't really fly that much, and normally I don't do tight connections.
HA! Told y’all.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 7:41 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Does anyone know if DL takes pax status into account when deciding to hold a flight? My assumption is that they don't, that they hold it if they can without causing more problems down the line (crew time out, delaying pax for connections at destination, etc) and/or if holding it will prevent them from having to pay for a bunch of hotel rooms.
as a DM I have had three flights in the last year that they (GA and FA said they held the flight for me because of late arriving connection flight. 2 were the last flight of the day. One was an early evening flight, where missing the connection would have gotten me home at 1:00am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.