Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

BOS - Surprise you can be a Gold Medallion! Now

Old Oct 2, 18, 6:54 am
Original Poster

just received an email from Delta giving me gold status for the next six months which is very cool (BOS and United 1K - have done a handful of Delta flights this year - no status of any sort with them for years). Is part of their Boston Revolutionary Rewards plan it appears (have no idea what that is). Anyway, have just checked my status on the app and Iím now Gold medallion which is cool. Be on the lookout for the email - it had landed in my spam. Offer is good through 10/15.
Old Oct 2, 18, 7:58 am

Programs: Delta FO & Boston Bruins!
Also got the offer, currently silver and will steer a few trips this direction to keep it for the year per the offer's terms.
Old Oct 2, 18, 8:07 am

I got the same email yesterday. I'm almost pissed as I have a Hawaii trip next month and 3 of the 4 segments are on Delta. Then in December going to Dominican Republic and flying Delta on the way back. Fine print in the email states they only count paid flights booked after you enroll.
Old Oct 2, 18, 8:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Smart time for DL to nab some customers at zero cost to DL.
Old Oct 2, 18, 8:47 am
VFR

Programs: AA PP
I got the offer for PM as a gifted GM that's going to expire at the end of the year and an AA PLT. I think I can book 4 trips on DL in the next 6 months
Old Oct 2, 18, 9:27 am

Programs: DL GM
I also received the offer up to PM.

The offer states that only trips booked after registration count against the 4 round-trips. I have 4 trips planned. Unfortunately, I've booked three of them already and I doubt I'll book any others (I could just book a fifth trip and get PM organically without need for this offer).

I'm actually debating NOT to take it because it states in the terms that (bolding mine):
During the complimentary Medallion Status period, you will not have access to the following Medallion benefits: membership credential packet and Medallion Tier card, reciprocal Medallion benefits with Delta's partner airlines and Rollover MQMs, unless you earn Medallion Status through the normal published requirements at delta.com/medallionqualification .
IIUC, that seems to mean that if I end the year at 70k MQM and use the offer then I'll have zero rollover MQM to start next year. If I skip the offer I'll still be GM, but I'll have 20k MQM to start next year... It's a tough decision - I'll have to weigh my future travel plans.

One other thing that's unclear to me is whether the Choice Benefits you get with the offer are for the 2018 qualification year or 2019. I *think* this offer would count as the 2019 year, so if I gifted FO, it would last until Jan 2020?
Old Oct 2, 18, 9:40 am

Being based in BOS, any ideas/tips for quick or cheap flights? I was thinking of looking for connecting flights so hopefully that would count as 4 segments?

Last edited by skw1; Oct 2, 18 at 11:44 am
Old Oct 2, 18, 10:09 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
I wonder if the automatic ticket reissue that happens when you get a C+ "upgrade" counts as/resets the ticketing date for this promo. Prior promos have also said that only tickets purchased after registration "counted" but in actual event all flights actually counted I thought.
Old Oct 2, 18, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by yaychemistry View Post
I also received the offer up to PM.

The offer states that only trips booked after registration count against the 4 round-trips. I have 4 trips planned. Unfortunately, I've booked three of them already and I doubt I'll book any others (I could just book a fifth trip and get PM organically without need for this offer).

I'm actually debating NOT to take it because it states in the terms that (bolding mine):

IIUC, that seems to mean that if I end the year at 70k MQM and use the offer then I'll have zero rollover MQM to start next year. If I skip the offer I'll still be GM, but I'll have 20k MQM to start next year... It's a tough decision - I'll have to weigh my future travel plans.

One other thing that's unclear to me is whether the Choice Benefits you get with the offer are for the 2018 qualification year or 2019. I *think* this offer would count as the 2019 year, so if I gifted FO, it would last until Jan 2020?
It'd be for 2019. As for MQM, I believe your still get rollover above your earned level (GM). I think what they're going for is the person that doesn't meet even FO MQM. They'll rollover zero even though PM.
yaychemistry likes this.
Old Oct 2, 18, 11:41 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
It'd be for 2019. As for MQM, I believe your still get rollover above your earned level (GM). I think what they're going for is the person that doesn't meet even FO MQM. They'll rollover zero even though PM.
They also usually don't give out choice benefits with comp status - only if you earn it the normal way
Old Oct 2, 18, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by btonkid12345 View Post
They also usually don't give out choice benefits with comp status - only if you earn it the normal way
Rollover isn't a choice benefit.
Old Oct 2, 18, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by btonkid12345 View Post
I also received the platinum offer (was a GM, probably would have earned PM anyway). I can confirm that I'm now able to select a 2019 choice benefit and have until 1/31/2020 to do so.
yaychemistry likes this.
Old Oct 2, 18, 1:15 pm

Programs: DL GM, UA, B6, AA, WN, AS, AGR
Originally Posted by skw1 View Post
I got the same email yesterday. I'm almost pissed as I have a Hawaii trip next month and 3 of the 4 segments are on Delta. Then in December going to Dominican Republic and flying Delta on the way back. Fine print in the email states they only count paid flights booked after you enroll.
But you get the 6 months of status, no strings attached. You'll still get your benefit next month.

Originally Posted by skw1 View Post
Being based in BOS, any ideas/tips for quick or cheap flights? I was thinking of looking for connecting flights so hopefully that would count as 4 segments?
Now, is this definitely segment based, or "trip" based? Would I be safer booking three tickets with 2 segments each, or would one ticket with six segments definitely fulfill the promo?

Last edited by diburning; Oct 2, 18 at 1:48 pm
Old Oct 2, 18, 2:14 pm

Programs: Does it matter in 2020? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Has anyone that is PM received an upgrade to DM? Sure would help for my mileage runs....
Old Oct 2, 18, 2:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Interesting that DL is targeting BOS? I get it with SEA, and Alaska but who is DL trying to take from the BOS market? Is it JetBlue they are after?

edit: I figured it out, they are after the Cape Air hub!!!
kerrymac747 likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: