Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

BOS - Surprise you can be a Gold Medallion! Now

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BOS - Surprise you can be a Gold Medallion! Now

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2018, 1:24 pm

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
I have to assume it's Jet Blue, it's by far our biggest carrier. But who knows?
Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:21 pm

Programs: DL GM, B6, SPG
I'm also a BOS-based GM, got the offer to go up to PM yesterday. This morning I was able to select Choice Benefits for 2019. I now have 4 RUC and the website is showing an expiration date on the certificates of 10/02/2019 - ie 1 year from today.

Curious to see what will happen with rollover MQMs in January.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 5:34 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Gewurztraminer
I'm also a BOS-based GM, got the offer to go up to PM yesterday. This morning I was able to select Choice Benefits for 2019. I now have 4 RUC and the website is showing an expiration date on the certificates of 10/02/2019 - ie 1 year from today.
Wow. Good for those eligible, but Delta, this is really disappointing for every other Medallion.

Giving away 4 RUCs for free? This will simply make upgrades harder for everyone else.

Comp PM is already a lot; but comp choice benefits including certificates that allow comp status holders to be ahead of regular status holders on the UG priority list? That's unacceptable
Old Oct 3, 2018, 3:27 am

Programs: DL GM, AA Gold, MB Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
Am I the only BOS-based Gold that didn't get this offer? I guess I can forget any chance of an upgrade. This makes jetBlue look like a better alternative for my East Coast flights going forward.

Does anyone have a link, or is there a name to this promotion that I can ask about?
Old Oct 3, 2018, 5:09 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by yaychemistry
I'm actually debating NOT to take it because it states in the terms that (bolding mine):

IIUC, that seems to mean that if I end the year at 70k MQM and use the offer then I'll have zero rollover MQM to start next year.
No, you'll be fine. Note the wording 'unless you earn Medallion Status through the normal published requirements'. They won't take your normal benefits away from you. They just mean you won't earn any rollover unless you earn it the normal way.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 5:25 am

Programs: Delta Platinum & MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, National Car Executive
Originally Posted by skw1
Being based in BOS, any ideas/tips for quick or cheap flights? I was thinking of looking for connecting flights so hopefully that would count as 4 segments?
BOS-JFK can be pretty cheap in advance (i.e. $70ish) each way. Just go back and forth all day long and you can get your segments. Also, BOS-MSP is now much cheaper than it used to be with the new JetBlue service (i.e. $120ish) each way in advance but JFK is much more time efficient for your purposes.

Lately I have also seen some pretty cheap BOS-ATL prices too.

Last edited by mfFrom35K; Oct 3, 2018 at 5:27 am Reason: Added BOS-ATL.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 8:39 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
I booked flights to PIT and BUF. These routes aren't elite heavy so my chances of scoring an upgrade aren't bad.

V fares are $120-125 roundtrip for these two routes if you book far enough in advance.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 9:07 am

Programs: UA GS, AA PLAT, DL PLAT, EK SILVER
Originally Posted by NickTN01
Am I the only BOS-based Gold that didn't get this offer? I guess I can forget any chance of an upgrade. This makes jetBlue look like a better alternative for my East Coast flights going forward.

Does anyone have a link, or is there a name to this promotion that I can ask about?
x2 - I also haven't received. Are you just getting an email about it?
Old Oct 3, 2018, 10:18 am

Likewise, I got nothing . I'm a gold.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 10:31 am

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by NickTN01

Originally Posted by SvenB1414
x2 - I also haven't received. Are you just getting an email about it?
The email states: "Eligibility: Only Gold Medallion® Members who receive this communication directly from Delta Air Lines are eligible to participate in this offer. This offer is non-transferable."

If I log in to my skymiles account and go to the "My Delta" page, there's a box in the lower right called "My Promotions". If I then click the "Eligible" tab, it shows a widget that says "Boston Revolutionary Rewards". So if the email got lost, I would check there as well.

Originally Posted by BOStoYVR
I also received the platinum offer (was a GM, probably would have earned PM anyway). I can confirm that I'm now able to select a 2019 choice benefit and have until 1/31/2020 to do so.
Based on my already flown and currently booked travel, I'm already about 4 round trips away from PM (based on the routes that I fly the most). I wonder if they used that as some sort of cutoff to decide who to target with the offer.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 10:52 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Many carriers do this, e.g. targeted markets and targeted travelers within a market.

Usually fairly sophisticated demographics seeking people who will stick once they have a "taste".

All of this comes at no cost to DL. DL is not opening up more award seats, UG's, or anything else. So, it's just more people chasing the same availability and thus whatever the cost there is is paid for by existing elites.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 10:53 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond; HHonors Dia; Langham Voyager; Marriot & SPG Gold; UA Gold; AA Plat
I've read thru the terms, and didn't see any mention of it, but my silly question here is:

Do the qualifying flights need to originate/terminate @ BOS? Or can they be any flights to/from anywhere (while still meeting the other requirements of fare class/Delta only or certain partners)?

TIA
Old Oct 3, 2018, 11:25 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by yoganeck
I've read thru the terms, and didn't see any mention of it, but my silly question here is:

Do the qualifying flights need to originate/terminate @ BOS? Or can they be any flights to/from anywhere (while still meeting the other requirements of fare class/Delta only or certain partners)?

TIA
Depends on what the terms say. If there is such a requirement, it will be in the t&c of the offer.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 11:31 am

Programs: Independent
I hate how Delta always does this. I have enough flights I have to book by the end of the year to get just up to Silver on DL, or I could do them all on AA and move to Platinum Pro. This would have sent me over to DL, but I guess I am sticking with AA.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 12:31 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by yoganeck

TIA
Anywhere. As long as they were booked after registration, and isn't basic economy. There's even a section about qualifying codeshares.

I'm glad that I was targeted at one of Delta's mini hubs, and not at an outstation where every leg connects in Atlanta.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.