Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Use of Free Drink Coupons

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2018, 12:55 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
Originally Posted by ethernal
Delta should just get rid of the coupons and just match its competitors and offer DMs free drinks (and snacks) on flights. And this is coming from someone that rarely drinks when flying solo to begin with.

"-signed, a DM"

Why not offer DM's complimentary free drinks....but give the rest of us coupons?
Old Oct 2, 2018, 12:59 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by koreanair720
"-signed, a DM"

Why not offer DM's complimentary free drinks....but give the rest of us coupons?
Who else gets drink coupons? DMs only get 4 (or at least I do..).. do you get 2 when you make Platinum and 2 when you make DM? Or do you get 4 when you make Platinum?
Old Oct 2, 2018, 1:59 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
Originally Posted by ethernal
Who else gets drink coupons? DMs only get 4 (or at least I do..).. do you get 2 when you make Platinum and 2 when you make DM? Or do you get 4 when you make Platinum?
I just checked my wallet. It appears PMs get four too. I have three that expire Jan 2019 (I've used one, I guess) and four that expire Jan 2020.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by koreanair720
I just checked my wallet. It appears PMs get four too. I have three that expire Jan 2019 (I've used one, I guess) and four that expire Jan 2020.
Hmm.. I just have 4 that expire Jan 2019. I have none that expire Jan 2020 (and I haven't used any except ones that I know expired this year). Maybe I'm getting shorted on drink coupons too.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 2:36 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by CKDGM

The old Have One On Us certificates could be used for snacks; as a non-drinker, I'd love to have them usable for a snack box or Luvo wrap even if it took 2x certificates.
Same here. I usually end up giving random seatmates drinks some time before they expire.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 3:48 pm

Programs: Delta DM for now
I got four at the start of the year as a GM and four more when I hit PM. Still have 7 remaining. I too would appreciate being able to use them on food as well. I don't always want a drink, especially on a 7 am flight.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by TuxTom
I got four at the start of the year as a GM and four more when I hit PM. Still have 7 remaining. I too would appreciate being able to use them on food as well. I don't always want a drink, especially on a 7 am flight.
lightweight

Old Oct 2, 2018, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
You get 4 of them as you hit each status level above your current. You also get four at the start of the year if you have status. Sadly this means DM get shorted and only get the 4 at start of year.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO
You get 4 of them as you hit each status level above your current. You also get four at the start of the year if you have status. Sadly this means DM get shorted and only get the 4 at start of year.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
I've found that when I print them and hand them to the FA's, they only actually get scanned about half the time.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 12:20 am

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by TuxTom
Join me in writing to DL to ask for this. If enough people request it, maybe they'll at least look into it.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 12:27 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Thanks for the insight. I am now PM but on a challenge, no coupons. Friendnis GM also on a challenge he has 4 coupons 😀😂😂😂

Oh well I guess No drinks for me 😂😂 maybe they think I drink too much 😀

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.