Wiki Posts
Search

Quick Question - flight no-show

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2018, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold
Quick Question - flight no-show

I've read a bunch of threads on no shows, but haven't seen an answer to my specific question. I'm flying from DCA to ATL for the weekend with DH (October 12-14). I now need to be in Seattle on the evening of October 14 for work and it would be easier at this point for me to just book my ticket out of Atlanta and back into DCA. My question is, can I just be a no-show for my flight back into DCA on October 14? DH and I are on the same PNR and I just want to make sure that it won't be an issue for him or effect his flight.

Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 2:56 pm

It will not be an issue for him nor will it affect his flight.
TheHorta likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Thanks UpgradeMe, I appreciate it.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 3:43 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Did you use an amex companion certificate?
Old Oct 1, 2018, 3:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Each passenger her own ticket. Whether booked into the same PNR not, it makes no difference. If you no show, your ticket will be cancelled. If he shows up, he will fly.

The sole exception is a situation where you are using a mechanism such as a certificate by which one or the other must be physically present. That does not appear to be the case,
Old Oct 1, 2018, 6:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pvn
Did you use an amex companion certificate?
Nope.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 9:38 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
then you're good to go
Old Oct 1, 2018, 10:49 pm

I have had the same scenario. What I did was called DL and told them I have had a change in plans and they spoke to their supervisor and reworked my ticket where it was the exact flights I needed and cost less than if I skipped the return and booked the multi city similar to what you are planning on doing.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sevastras
I have had the same scenario. What I did was called DL and told them I have had a change in plans and they spoke to their supervisor and reworked my ticket where it was the exact flights I needed and cost less than if I skipped the return and booked the multi city similar to what you are planning on doing.
The first ticket was a miles ticket, so unfortunately, I think it will be more hassle than its worth to call them. It wasn’t a lot of miles, so I’m ok just letting it go. But if this ever happens again, I’ll definitely keep this in mind. Thanks!
Old Oct 2, 2018, 9:41 am

Programs: DL Diamond, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
For what it's worth, I had this same situation recently on an AMX Companion Cert and it caused no problem for my companion. It was on the return leg of the round-trip ticket bought with a companion pass. I did call the medallion line 2x and both reps told be it would not be a problem. I was slightly worried until there truly was no issue at the airport when we went our separate ways.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ColdIsCool
For what it's worth, I had this same situation recently on an AMX Companion Cert and it caused no problem for my companion. It was on the return leg of the round-trip ticket bought with a companion pass. I did call the medallion line 2x and both reps told be it would not be a problem. I was slightly worried until there truly was no issue at the airport when we went our separate ways.
Were you the paid or the free ticket? Just curious if it makes a difference.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 9:50 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It's sometimes possible to get away with things. Does not make it good advice. If you are the free companion ticket and the paid linked ticket no shows, you may well be denied boarding or offloaded. Will you? Nobody knows.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.