Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta CEO Declares Free In-Flight Wi-Fi Is Coming

Delta CEO Declares Free In-Flight Wi-Fi Is Coming

Old Oct 4, 2018, 11:20 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I’m sitting in Turkish Airlines J JFK-IST and WiFi is totally free.....all I did was enter my name and seat number.....impressive!
Old Oct 4, 2018, 11:23 am

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ethernal
If I had to swag it I'd say my ratio of WiFi success is 20:60:10. 20% of the time I have zero issues - I can connect when I first try and the connections hold the whole trip without disconnecting once. 60% of the time I have minor issues: I will have trouble connecting for the first time or I lose connectivity a couple of times throughout the flight. Not ideal but tolerable. 10% of the time I have major issues that make it close to unusable - either it takes an hour to successfully connect, it doesn't connect at all (i.e. it's just broken), or when I do connect the connection drops regularly every few minutes.
What about the remaining 10%?
BamaGirl likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 12:01 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by DeltaFan4Now
What about the remaining 10%?
Good question... I guess I don't even try to connect to the WiFi at all..
Old Oct 18, 2018, 10:34 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Follow-up:

https://www.ajc.com/business/delta-c...1ILVraMchYi8L/

Delta Air Lines CEO Ed Bastian said he wants to eventually make in-flight Wi-Fi free, but it could be two to three years before that happens.

That’s partly because the technology is not yet up to par, Bastian said.

“I don’t think our customers should have to pay for Wi-Fi in the air,” Bastian said. But, “the first thing we need to do is we need to get the technical capability to be able to offer not just free Wi-Fi, but Wi-Fi that works as well in the sky as on the ground, in terms of bandwidth and streaming capacity.”

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.