Not getting schedule change notices!!

Old Sep 30, 2018, 4:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Not getting schedule change notices!!

Yesterday, I called Delta because of a quirky seat selection problem. I was told by a sharp agent that the return portion of the trip flight had been totally cancelled (trip is in Dec). I never received any notice from Delta nor was I re-booked. I asked the agent why I do not get the notifications and they had no idea. Said they cannot go into my record to see how I have things set up. I do check any reservations every Saturday as advised on this forum. I have looked and l do not know where one would request to be notified. Please advise if you can tell me where or what to check. I was fortunate because the agent was able to find a return flight that was not on the website. It is still not on the website today. Is that unusual?
Old Sep 30, 2018, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

More than likely, the cancellation requires additional review for the change and thus notification had not been sent yet. Default email address for notifications for flights booked on delta.com (if you book elsewhere, this won't be used) is stored in My Profile, Basic Info section. Email notification for each individual reservation can also be checked/changed in the "Secure Flight Passenger Data & Contact Information" section for the reservation under "Passenger & Emergency Contact Information"
Old Oct 1, 2018, 5:03 am

Schedule change has to be at least 15 minutes or a change in operating carrier from what I understand to receive a schedule change notice.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 6:27 am
Original Poster

My return flight still is not listed on the web site. Need I be worried? This is for Jan 3 and they made the reservation on Sat. It is now Monday and still not listed.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by Audie
My return flight still is not listed on the web site. Need I be worried? This is for Jan 3 and they made the reservation on Sat. It is now Monday and still not listed.
Who is "they"? And is the flight in December (as you first posted) or January 3?
Old Oct 1, 2018, 6:59 am
Original Poster

Departure is Dec. return is Jan. Return flight is not showing on the web site. They is the Delta phone agent.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 7:05 am

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
Schedule change has to be at least 15 minutes or a change in operating carrier from what I understand to receive a schedule change notice.
I've gotten multiple schedule change notices for just a flight number chsnge. I'd rather be over-informed, but by checking reservations on Saturday, I often know of changes before they send emails.

To the OP, did you just notice this change this weekend? The notices can take some time to send. Does your itinerary involve partner airlines? Maybe that's why it's being all weird.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 7:11 am
Original Poster

All Delta flights
Old Oct 1, 2018, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does DL still serve the destination? Have you looked for reasonable alternative flights? Why not just be proactive and call and suggest alternative options (or cancel the itin if there are none)? If the change just happened this Saturday, it may likely require some manual review to fix which would explain why you haven't got any notification yet. I looked at past schedule change emails and while most come on Sunday's (just got one last night), I noticed a few that were sent in the middle of the week.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 3:56 am

Interesting. I have the opposite experience. I had two schedule changes on KE award tickets and got calls from Delta both times.

I find calls annoying especially when I travel in a different time zone, roaming etc. I mentioned it to the first agent that I prefer email instead of call, but she had no idea how to set it up. For the second change I hanged up twice, because I was on expensive roaming and busy. A few minutes after my second hang up I received email with updated ticket and itinerary.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

Checked the schedule again today (Tuesday) and that return flight is still not available on the website. Could the fact that there is a 4hr. layover in MSP make it (not sure how to word this) a legitimate connection? When I look at the reservation it is there and there are other seats taken so I guess it is valid. Just never have encountered this before. It is flight 2032-Delta.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Flight 2032 on Jan 3 is DCA-MSP at 8:20AM and is showing as operating and bookable. What flight are you connecting too? What was the schedule and flight nums when you originally booked this trip? Almost certainly the original connection was not over 4 hours as that is not allowed for domestic routes.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

Yes, that is the flight. I continue on to LSE and when I go to the chart on Delta.com that flight does not come up. They have me on 4295 which is Skywest on the segment to LSE. I was just looking to find that flight number and one source (flightaware said it landed 4 years ago). I was about to keep looking when I saw your post.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Both 4295 and 2032 are showing as currently operating on flightaware (2032 is currently used for a JFK-MSP flight and is switching to the DCA-MSP flight in January). Not seeing what you are seeing.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 5:49 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
I have never ever gotten a schedule change notice. I check every week or two. If I notice a change, I deal with it (usually take advantage to get a better itinerary)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.