Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

meal Delta 27 / ATL - ICN 12:49 AM departure

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

meal Delta 27 / ATL - ICN 12:49 AM departure

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2018, 7:46 am

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Don't forget that there's always the option to skip meal or to request that it be served to you all at once, on one tray, so that you can eat more quickly and gon to sleep.
I certainly plan to skip that meal but with all the lights on, with all the banging of the carts and with FAs asking if people want more wine, I doubt I will be able to sleep even with the mask and ear plugs.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by flying_donkeys12
They will serve dinner. My suggestion is to eat at a nice restaurant if you have time before your flight. Skip the very underwhelming D1 meal and get some sleep.
Exactly my plan!!
Old Sep 27, 2018, 9:35 am

Programs: Delta DM 360
It is served right after take-off. I ordered the Korean meal as well and it was as pictured in another post. Lots of time to sleep later in the flight.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 8:38 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; UA 1K, 1MM; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by suec1
Yes, I do see that but was thinking they are not really going to serve a dinner at 1:30 in the morning! I was hoping for some info from a person who had taken the flight. Thanks!
I took the flight 9/19. the meal is dinner, served from the cart, with wines, desert. you can eat , watch a movie and still get 9 hours of sleep.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 5:28 am
Original Poster

Thank you for the replies and explanations - glad I asked! It will be nice to be awake a few hours and then settle in for hopefully quite a few hours of snoozing.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 7:08 am

Programs: DL FO 1MM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Don't forget that there's always the option to skip meal or to request that it be served to you all at once, on one tray, so that you can eat more quickly and gon to sleep.
I've even had good luck asking to save my meal for later. Service won't be the same, but the guts of the meal should be available to serve later if you ask nicely when the purser is coming around to take orders.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
...Not long after waking up, breakfast is served and then you’re landing at a normal morning hour at the destination. .
This flight lands at 4 AM South Korea time... hardly normal morning hour.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 9:35 am

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
Meals should always be on destination time, not origin time, IMO. It's so weird to have breakfast right before landing at 5 PM.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by joejones
Meals should always be on destination time, not origin time, IMO. It's so weird to have breakfast right before landing at 5 PM.
So.... flights departing from the US and flying to Europe at 7 PM should be serving a snack appropriate for 2 AM instead of dinner?
Old Sep 28, 2018, 10:01 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA Plat, Hertz Pres. Club. SPG Gold
Originally Posted by DL-Don
So.... flights departing from the US and flying to Europe at 7 PM should be serving a snack appropriate for 2 AM instead of dinner?
Flights departing the US and flying to Europe at 7pm get dinner and then shortly before landing (yes, that may be 2am back in the US) they then get a lite snack or full breakfast depending on cabin. Why do you think they don't get dinner starting around 7:30-7:45pm shortly after takeoff??

Last edited by FSUnole03; Sep 28, 2018 at 10:27 am
Old Sep 28, 2018, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by FSUnole03
Flights departing the US and flying to Europe at 7pm get dinner and then shortly before landing (yes, that may be 2am back in the US) they then get a lite snack or full breakfast depending on cabin. Why do you think they don't get dinner starting around 7:30-7:45pm shortly after takeoff??
I DO think they should, and know they do, get dinner but "joejones," to whom I was responding, stated "Meals should always be on destination time, not origin time"

BTW, I'm a 5.6 million miler with Delta. I've probably flown to Europe and Asia on Delta hundreds of times in my career. This ATL-ICN flight is like the HND flight used to be ... weird arrival and departure times.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.