New Delta IT glitch with upgrade list

Old Sep 24, 2018, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, MM; Marriott Plat
New Delta IT glitch with upgrade list

I was flying SAN-SLC-PSC on Saturday but bought the ticket about 3-4 hours before departure. Was instantly upgraded to F on the SLC-PSC leg but was amazed to find that I was 18 out of 19 (DM on a K fare) for the SAN-SLC flight. There should be no way that on a Saturday afternoon there 17 DM ahead of me and only my co-worker (GM) behind me. So I called the DM desk and was told that her list agreed with the app and the computer must be right but she could not check the status of anyone on the list. I asked the TA when checking my bags who said that there GMs and PMs ahead of me and no one was using a RUC or a GUC but she couldn't do anything and check with the GA. GA said the same thing and placed a call to work on it. The person she called agreed that the list was messed up and even unchecking me in and rechecking me did not change the list. The GA was told I should be getting the upgrade and just gave it to me on the spot. All the time I was polite and mentioned that I could understand if I was #4 for 3 and did not get the upgrade but 18/21 (at the end) was ridiculous. Just a heads up that if the upgrade list looks very unreasonable, pursue it.
kthomas likes this.

Last edited by Paplover; Sep 24, 2018 at 6:05 pm
Old Sep 24, 2018, 12:48 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Paplover
I was flying SAN-SLC-PSC on Saturday but bought the ticket about 3-4 hours before departure. Was instantly upgraded to F on the SLC-PSC leg but was amazed to find that I was 18 out of 19 (DM on a K fare) for the SAN-SLC flight. There should be no way that on a Saturday afternoon there 17 DM ahead of me and only my co-worker (GM) behind me. So I called the DM desk and was told that her list agreed with the app and the computer must be right but she could not check the status of anyone on the list. I asked the TA when checking my bags who said that there GMs and PMs ahead of me and no one was using a RUC or a GUC but she couldn't do anything and check with the GA. GA said the same thing and placed a call to work on it. The person she called agreed that the list was messed up and even unchecking me in and rechecking me did not change the list. The GA was toldI should be getting the upgrade and just gave it to me on the spot. All the time I was polite and mentioned that I could understand if I was #4 for 3 and did not get the upgrade but 18/21 (at the end) was ridiculous. Just a heads up that if the upgrade list looks very unreasonable, pursue it.
No mistake, me and my entire extended family (17 DMs total) were booked on that flight with Y fares. Did you hear all the commotion in the gate area once they ran the upgrades?
Old Sep 24, 2018, 12:49 pm

Wow you got a great GA! I would give a JWD for that.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 1:47 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
One thing I think that's messing up the upgrade list is medallions that bought F. I'm only FO right now but bought F on BOS-SEA. It showed me as "upgrade cleared" on the app and even got an email at T-24 saying I had been upgraded to F. I got F through a good FCM offer, maybe it's somehow impacting the upgrade process.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by hi55us
One thing I think that's messing up the upgrade list is medallions that bought F. I'm only FO right now but bought F on BOS-SEA. It showed me as "upgrade cleared" on the app and even got an email at T-24 saying I had been upgraded to F. I got F through a good FCM offer, maybe it's somehow impacting the upgrade process.
I am a PM now and always buy F but not part of fcm just buy gap fares. I have seen anything strange like upgrade clear to date. Flying Sat and will see. I would be intrested in a way to know where I would hit the list if I didnt just buy F but know of no way to determine it. i just see the upgrade list but no idea if they are 90% GM or FO or almost all DM PM.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 2:17 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
i buy f 99% of the time as a upgrade offer. I appear on the upgrade list even though I am already in F
Old Sep 24, 2018, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by HWGeeks
i buy f 99% of the time as a upgrade offer. I appear on the upgrade list even though I am already in F
Same here. And I appear as "upgraded". If I had a DM with me I could tell him Delta upgraded me ahead of him.
Seabilly likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 2:35 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Do you appear as upgraded at the gate on the GIDS or just in the app?
Old Sep 24, 2018, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by pvn
Do you appear as upgraded at the gate on the GIDS or just in the app?
Don't usually pay attention to the GIDS, especially since a lot of my airports don't have a monitor for it. But it definitely shows up this way in the App.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 3:04 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
I'm guessing it's a display quirk in the app and other people won't see you as upgraded.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 4:19 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles KM, Sky Club/Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Paplover
I was flying SAN-SLC-PSC on Saturday but bought the ticket about 3-4 hours before departure. Was instantly upgraded to F on the SLC-PSC leg but was amazed to find that I was 18 out of 19 (DM on a K fare) for the SAN-SLC flight. There should be no way that on a Saturday afternoon there 17 DM ahead of me and only my co-worker (GM) behind me. So I called the DM desk and was told that her list agreed with the app and the computer must be right but she could not check the status of anyone on the list. I asked the TA when checking my bags who said that there GMs and PMs ahead of me and no one was using a RUC or a GUC but she couldn't do anything and check with the GA. GA said the same thing and placed a call to work on it. The person she called agreed that the list was messed up and even unchecking me in and rechecking me did not change the list. The GA was toldI should be getting the upgrade and just gave it to me on the spot. All the time I was polite and mentioned that I could understand if I was #4 for 3 and did not get the upgrade but 18/21 (at the end) was ridiculous. Just a heads up that if the upgrade list looks very unreasonable, pursue it.
There was an update Saturday morning that added several new standby codes to the airport standby list (all have to do with HKs, nothing major). Unfortunately, that caused lists on certain flights to appear out of order for a lot of Saturday. Everything's been fixed now, but glad to hear it worked out for you.
wxman22 likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, MM; Marriott Plat
SAN had no GIDS at that gate. The other weird thing is the app showed me as upgraded in the upgrade list but the main part of the app still had me in my C+ seat even after several refreshes. It was all messed up.
Thanks for the info FDJ - I thought something like that was the cause since it was a Saturday after all. I am glad they got it straightened out before the normal Monday morning crush of business flyers.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Having a potentially similar issue.

Bought a ticket today for a flight tomorrow. For some reason I couldn't request the C+ upgrade online, so I called, and she added me to the list and it cleared immediately.

Now I'm looking at the upgrade list in the app. I am # 11 (out of 13) for the first class upgrade. I'm silver, on a pretty high fare class, but fine. It doesn't show anyone has cleared, although I suspect that a large percentage of the FC cabin was upgraded in advance.
However, I see that #1 and #2 on the F waitlist are also #1 and #2 on the C+ waitlist. Why would they have not yet cleared into C+ while I did, but be higher than me on the FC waitlist?
Old Nov 7, 2018, 3:53 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Having a potentially similar issue.

Bought a ticket today for a flight tomorrow. For some reason I couldn't request the C+ upgrade online, so I called, and she added me to the list and it cleared immediately.

Now I'm looking at the upgrade list in the app. I am # 11 (out of 13) for the first class upgrade. I'm silver, on a pretty high fare class, but fine. It doesn't show anyone has cleared, although I suspect that a large percentage of the FC cabin was upgraded in advance.
However, I see that #1 and #2 on the F waitlist are also #1 and #2 on the C+ waitlist. Why would they have not yet cleared into C+ while I did, but be higher than me on the FC waitlist?
They bought their ticket after you, or alternatively waited until check-in to request only window or aisle C+ seats.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ethernal
They bought their ticket after you, or alternatively waited until check-in to request only window or aisle C+ seats.
It shouldn't be the latter, as flight is a 2-2 config.; I should have mentioned that.
They were on the C+ and F waitlist before I had the agent request my C+ upgrade (which as I mentioned cleared immediately). And there are still 5+ seats left in C+. So I'm still
Any point in calling? Or more productive just to wait until the airport tomorrow? It's not that big of a deal, but it just doesn't make sense to me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.