Community
Wiki Posts
Search

new pillows in domestic F

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2018, 2:38 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
new pillows in domestic F

I thought I remembered a thread on this but can't find it. Maybe it was on Facebook.

Anyway I had a flight with new domestic F pillows yesterday (which I think was the first day). The only picture I have didn't come out great, but the size is roughly the same.

To me the cover feels much softer (not the raspy papery thing on the old ones) and can be distinguished from the previous style by the gray double rectangular borders. It looks like the actual pillow inside the cover is different and nicer too.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 2:44 pm

Programs: DL DM; Hyatt Globalist; etc
I noticed something was different on my SFO-SEA flight yesterday, but I was too tired to care/think more deeply. I do remember thinking the cover was much softer than usual - less hospital gown and more felt, I would say?
Old Sep 22, 2018, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by manacit
I noticed something was different on my SFO-SEA flight yesterday, but I was too tired to care/think more deeply. I do remember thinking the cover was much softer than usual - less hospital gown and more felt, I would say?
Yes, good comparisons
Old Sep 22, 2018, 2:49 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by manacit
If that's true, that's great to hear! I've never been a big fan of the very hospital style feel of the current (old?) pillows. Too rough and cheap for my liking.

#FirstWorldProblems
Old Sep 22, 2018, 3:06 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
I also had one of these on a flight yesterday MSP-CLT. I chalked up the difference to flying on G7 instead of mainline.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GopherMSP
I also had one of these on a flight yesterday MSP-CLT. I chalked up the difference to flying on G7 instead of mainline.
FWIW mine was on a mainline 739.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 4:17 pm

Programs: DL DM; Hyatt Globalist; etc
Originally Posted by Zorak
FWIW mine was on a mainline 739.
I was mainline as well, a 738.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 5:37 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Here they be! Live from DL 869

Old Sep 22, 2018, 6:11 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
Had them on my flight this morning as well.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 10:03 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM
The real question is whether they’re any less unsanitary than the previous ones...
charlesdemar likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 10:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Are the new pillows heavenly?
Old Sep 22, 2018, 10:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Where's the pictures? I'm stuck in Asia, but I want to see what Delta has decided we all wanted them to spend money on.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 10:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Where's the pictures? I'm stuck in Asia, but I want to see what Delta has decided we all wanted them to spend money on.
See post 8
Old Sep 23, 2018, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Zorak
See post 8
Guess I stepped away from computer longer than I thought before hitting submit. Regardless, Thanks for the pictures.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 10:04 am

Programs: Blinged Out
Noticed it too- they are marginally nicer than the “hospital gown” quality ones.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.