Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL Sky Club - Remaining NWA Lifetime Members

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL Sky Club - Remaining NWA Lifetime Members

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2018, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare

You mean they have died? That's the only way I can see a lifetime membership running out.
Ask any Flying Colonel how well he is faring with his Lifetime club membership.

Note to Mods: I thought that I had posted in this thread but see no record of having done so. If I posted and you deleted the post, please be assured that I am not trying to circumvent your moderation. I cannot remember every post that I have made and, apparently, FT does not have a means of alerting miscreant to such moderation.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 11:24 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by LBJ
Former NW membership T&C's from archive.org --

"Use of all WorldClubs facilities is subject to the rules and conditions set by Northwest Airlines, which are subject to change at any time. Northwest Airlines reserves the right to restrict, alter or modify the fees, benefits, services, hours of operation, policies and locations at any time with or without written notice to its members."

There were no separate set of T&C's for lifetime memberships. Note that NW used to let members who were not flying at all to access the clubs (I recall people using the pre-security DCA and SFO clubs without flying). Shouldn't these folks be arguing for those rules??
This kills off any chance any "life" member had. DL, as the successor to NW's assets & liabilities, simply benefits and policies for some members,
Old Dec 4, 2018, 12:44 pm

Programs: Sky Miles Aadvantage United Mileage Plus Southwest Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by LBJ
Former NW membership T&C's from archive.org --

"Use of all WorldClubs facilities is subject to the rules and conditions set by Northwest Airlines, which are subject to change at any time. Northwest Airlines reserves the right to restrict, alter or modify the fees, benefits, services, hours of operation, policies and locations at any time with or without written notice to its members."

There were no separate set of T&C's for lifetime memberships. Note that NW used to let members who were not flying at all to access the clubs (I recall people using the pre-security DCA and SFO clubs without flying). Shouldn't these folks be arguing for those rules??
Those are NOT the T&C's in effect when I bought my lifetime membership. The lounges were called Top Flight Club and the corporation name was Northwest Orient Airlines
Old Dec 4, 2018, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by srockgibson
Those are NOT the T&C's in effect when I bought my lifetime membership. The lounges were called Top Flight Club and the corporation name was Northwest Orient Airlines
Well, I guess it's a good thing you kept a copy of the T&C's when you signed up. I've got more good news for you. Your Top Flight Club membership is also good at Lansing airport -- Welcome to the Top Flight Club | Fly Lansing
Old Dec 4, 2018, 5:31 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by srockgibson

I really don't think there is any legal case to be made. If someone can make a good case in the court of public opinion, and DL risks a PR problem, than perhaps there will be some action, but I don't see that happening on this issue. Furthermore, you bought a lifetime membership with a company that no longer exists. That DL continues to extend this benefit to customers of NWA is a courtesy that not all airlines have done.

Last edited by jdrtravel; Dec 4, 2018 at 5:41 pm
Old Dec 4, 2018, 6:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Ask any Flying Colonel how well he is faring with his Lifetime club membership.

Note to Mods: I thought that I had posted in this thread but see no record of having done so. If I posted and you deleted the post, please be assured that I am not trying to circumvent your moderation. I cannot remember every post that I have made and, apparently, FT does not have a means of alerting miscreant to such moderation.
That brings back a nice memory. The first and only Flying Colonel I had the pleasure of meeting was in the back of an MD-88 the day that Delta emerged from Ch 11. He was a very kind older guy who had too much fun giving the flight attendants grief but you could tell they were enjoying it. As far as his club membership goes I would guess he has lost it one way or another.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
I really don't think there is any legal case to be made. If someone can make a good case in the court of public opinion, and DL risks a PR problem, than perhaps there will be some action, but I don't see that happening on this issue. Furthermore, you bought a lifetime membership with a company that no longer exists. That DL continues to extend this benefit to customers of NWA is a courtesy that not all airlines have done.
Here's the thing, old-timey jet-setters waving their canes about changes in the T&C's of their lifetime memberships is not going to make a ripple in the court of public opinion. Now, if DL were to abandon you overnight in your wheelchair after a flight cancellation, that might make a difference.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 12:08 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by LBJ
Here's the thing, old-timey jet-setters waving their canes about changes in the T&C's of their lifetime memberships is not going to make a ripple in the court of public opinion. Now, if DL were to abandon you overnight in your wheelchair after a flight cancellation, that might make a difference.
Even that might not do it, I went to Google for an incident i remembered and I guess this has happened a bunch of times:

https://www.google.com/m?q=airline+m...assenger+crawl
Old Jan 6, 2019, 8:46 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Looks like the know it all haters were incorrect. DL did not want to risk the PR problem with the "old timey jet setters" (hilarious way to describe me... a 40-something LT SC member).

LT members are good to go for 2019:
https://www.delta.com/us/en/delta-sky-club/access

"Lifetime members may continue to access the Club with same-day ticketed air travel on any airline."
dgreen12 likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Already been covered here --

Delta SkyClub Access Changes starting Jan 1, 2019
Old Jan 6, 2019, 9:39 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by LBJ
Perfect. And now it's been covered here too....the thread that is specifically addressed to LT members.
dgreen12 likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 3:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by hockeystl
Looks like the know it all haters were incorrect. DL did not want to risk the PR problem with the "old timey jet setters" (hilarious way to describe me... a 40-something LT SC member).

LT members are good to go for 2019:
https://www.delta.com/us/en/delta-sky-club/access

"Lifetime members may continue to access the Club with same-day ticketed air travel on any airline."
This link should be in a wiki for easy reference and also posted in a wiki in the other thread on general SC membership changes. I'm sure there will be a lot of confused dragons on this one.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Excellent news for lifetime sky club members

Just received this email. It’s the first part of it it makes me happy – regarding admittance to the clubs were not on a Delta ticket.

In November 2018, we announced that customers accessing a Delta Sky Club must be flying on a same-day ticketed Delta or Delta partner flight to enter the Club, effective January 1, 2019. We have made an exception to this policy for our Lifetime Members. You and your guests may continue to access the Club when traveling on same-day ticketed travel on any airline. As a reminder, eligible guests include up to two traveling companions OR a spouse/partner and children under 21.

Also effective January 1, 2019, Delta Sky Club Memberships (including Lifetime Memberships) no longer include access to Air France, KLM Crown and Virgin Australia lounges. Members, however, can access partner lounges in the following scenarios:
  • Diamond, Platinum or Gold Medallion® Members traveling on a partner international flight or partner domestic flight connecting to/from a same-day international flight
  • Delta One® passengers, upon departure or connecting flight
We thank you for being a loyal Member and look forward to seeing you in the Club soon.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by zrs70
Just received this email. It’s the first part of it it makes me happy – regarding admittance to the clubs were not on a Delta ticket.

In November 2018, we announced that customers accessing a Delta Sky Club must be flying on a same-day ticketed Delta or Delta partner flight to enter the Club, effective January 1, 2019. We have made an exception to this policy for our Lifetime Members. You and your guests may continue to access the Club when traveling on same-day ticketed travel on any airline. As a reminder, eligible guests include up to two traveling companions OR a spouse/partner and children under 21.

Also effective January 1, 2019, Delta Sky Club Memberships (including Lifetime Memberships) no longer include access to Air France, KLM Crown and Virgin Australia lounges. Members, however, can access partner lounges in the following scenarios:
  • Diamond, Platinum or Gold Medallion® Members traveling on a partner international flight or partner domestic flight connecting to/from a same-day international flight
  • Delta One® passengers, upon departure or connecting flight
We thank you for being a loyal Member and look forward to seeing you in the Club soon.
I'm really surprised that they did this! (I still consider my NWA purchase of lifetime membership one of the best investments I have ever made!!)
Old Jan 14, 2019, 10:29 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
+1. Excellent news and an amazing investment, since I expensed my LIfetime Membership before shutting down a business line at a previous job.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.