Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pre-Boarding Abuse - Delta

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2018, 6:49 pm
Original Member

Programs: DL 3 MM/DM, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, National Exec Elite
My personal wish would be that First Class board first, and then do the extra time coach passengers. This would give passengers in FC a chance to settle in and allow the FAs to get the PDB out without having to swim through a hoard of coach passengers clogging the aisle. Instead, it would be the few wheelchairs and infants to dodge, which the FAs could easily do.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 6:50 pm

Programs: Too many to list
I was on flight to Cancun 2 weeks ago and this Indian party had both of their wives in wheelchairs. They looked perfectly fine, early 30 and one had 8 year old baby on her lap- boarding ahead of group number one.
Sure enough, as soon as we got to Mexico, they must have drank the Peter Popoff miracle water and went off running around chasing their luggage. Praise Jesus!
jallred6 likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 7:14 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by TerryK
It doesn't help. They can just claim disability. Not all disabilities are visible and you cannot question what disability they have.

Sad symptom of society.
it's SAD that people with disabilities are protected from harassment by busybodies who think "you LOOK fine so you must not be disabled"??????
limae likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 7:18 pm
pvn
Suspended

Originally Posted by Robert Leach
My personal wish would be that First Class board first, and then do the extra time coach passengers. This would give passengers in FC a chance to settle in and allow the FAs to get the PDB out without having to swim through a hoard of coach passengers clogging the aisle. Instead, it would be the few wheelchairs and infants to dodge, which the FAs could easily do.
Yes, won't someone think of the people in F who have to suffer the indignity of watching people board before them?
Old Sep 18, 2018, 9:07 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
I am waiting and think the next logical step will have all the "preboards/ guest with assistance" board last that will cut down on the number who need it and if they wait until the gate is clear they could do that while talking to the pilots getting last minute numbers etc taken care of.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pvn
it's SAD that people with disabilities are protected from harassment by busybodies who think "you LOOK fine so you must not be disabled"??????
Not sure if your post is tongue in cheek or not. What I meant was some would claim disability to gain advantage without being one.

That post was in response to:
Originally Posted by spanda
.....Can’t Delta simply say, “children with car seats, strollers and infants in arms...”?.......
My response was:
It doesn't help. They can just claim disability. .........
Please also read post right above yours (post #32 ), when you have time about Peter Popoff miracle water.

Last edited by TerryK; Sep 18, 2018 at 9:54 pm
Old Sep 18, 2018, 10:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
... PR vs. reality....

AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 10:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by FullFare
AA doesn't have the priority for toddlers. AA is the best of the bunch---they board their first class first (although they have that ridiculous concierge key, which I have long railed about) that they board by calling out the names usually.

This all started the day they started charging for bags and the consolidated to 3 majors.
I really dislike Delta boarding as a FC customer.....you’re essentially like group 3 after pre-boards and strollers. Definitely not FC experience.

FC should board first plain and simple.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 12:18 am
Xlr

Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
It should be for those with strollers or car seats, not for traveling with any kid vaguely under 10 years old.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 3:47 am
Original Member

Programs: DL 3 MM/DM, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by pvn
Yes, won't someone think of the people in F who have to suffer the indignity of watching people board before them?
It is not an "indignity" -- but it would make sense to get those in F on first and get them settled, during which the more time consuming boarding takes place with those needing "extra time or assistance."

Not sure what point you are trying to make . . .
Old Sep 19, 2018, 5:27 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Originally Posted by Renes Points
... PR vs. reality....

As long as Amex sells "Priority boarding" with their credit cards the above group call out is a moot discussion. It will NEVER change because Zone 1 is still "priority", everybody here knows the "secret" and for those who fly once a year they fell special with the credit card

Old Sep 19, 2018, 5:42 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
Originally Posted by ThePointsCollector
I was on flight to Cancun 2 weeks ago and this Indian party had both of their wives in wheelchairs. They looked perfectly fine, early 30 and one had 8 year old baby on her lap- boarding ahead of group number one.
Sure enough, as soon as we got to Mexico, they must have drank the Peter Popoff miracle water and went off running around chasing their luggage. Praise Jesus!
meh,

There always is someone out to game the system for their own gain, in a sense aren't we all here by being super-frequent flyer program users. I see it almost every week, If I let it get to me I would get an ulcer.

My favorite by far those is the guy that limps on to the plane and darts off when we land, happens 2 or 3 times a month. There are many though that just don't even hide it, walk right up when they call pre-boarding and mosey on to the plane to their seat in 10D, probably a DM that didn't get upgraded so they feel justified

I read today how United is going from 5 lines to 2 and relying on passengers to only line up when their group is called (lmao), I am glad that was not DL, I like the new little posts to stand by, has reduced the crowding at the gate tremendously.

Last edited by BusTrav8yrs; Sep 19, 2018 at 5:47 am
Old Sep 19, 2018, 6:18 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
You should see the lines at BOM,
When they announce the pre-board, at least 75% of the passengers get in line
Old Sep 19, 2018, 7:05 am
pvn
Suspended

Not sure if your post is tongue in cheek or not. What I meant was some would claim disability to gain advantage without being one.
But why is that even a big deal? It doesn't cause any harm to me. I get that some people have an issue with someone "getting away with something" but that psychological damage is the price we pay for disabled people to have some dignity, and it's worth it.
jeet likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 7:07 am
pvn
Suspended

Originally Posted by Robert Leach
It is not an "indignity" -- but it would make sense to get those in F on first and get them settled, during which the more time consuming boarding takes place with those needing "extra time or assistance."

Not sure what point you are trying to make . . .
The point is that some people NEED that time, where other people just WANT to be first for... reasons.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.