Wiki Posts
Search

flight change advice

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2018, 6:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA
flight change advice

I am flying from STL to DTW then on the CDG. The DTW to CDG flight is on AF plane, which is a delta codeshare.
I would like to arrive from STL to DTW earlier to give more cushion prior to my DTW to CDG flight.
There are numerous earlier flights.
What is the best way to do this?
Call and change first leg?
Can i do a standby confirmed flight if this is a prelude to a codeshare international flight?

All bought at delta.
Thanks for the advice.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 6:58 pm

If there was a schedule change then you should be able to make a reasonable change for free. Otherwise call and see if you get a sympathetic agent. Luck of the draw. And status might help.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What is the date of your flight? Domestic to international is really no big deal (basically the same as domestic to domestic). There a later DTW-AMS flight through early November in the off chance you miss the CDG flight.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
There is no SDS/SDC when there's remaining international flights to be flown in PNR.

You might get lucky at airport getting on earlier. However phone agents won't be able to do it.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 6:50 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by flyerCO
There is no SDS/SDC when there's remaining international flights to be flown in PNR.

You might get lucky at airport getting on earlier. However phone agents won't be able to do it.
Phone agents can do it, it's just hard to get them to do it. They changed my father's MCO-ATL segment on a MCO-ATL-JNB itinerary to a few hours later (reducing the layover time) when I called to ask about it. I wasn't expecting it, but we appreciated it. Phone agents are unlikely to make this kind of a change for free absent a schedule change (even with status), but it isn't impossible.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey
Phone agents can do it, it's just hard to get them to do it. They changed my father's MCO-ATL segment on a MCO-ATL-JNB itinerary to a few hours later (reducing the layover time) when I called to ask about it. I wasn't expecting it, but we appreciated it. Phone agents are unlikely to make this kind of a change for free absent a schedule change (even with status), but it isn't impossible.
While possible technically, reality is that 99% agent will refuse. Also once you check bags in it does become impossible for phone agents to do SDC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.