Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Jet Aligning FF Benefits with AF/KLM--DL Next?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2018, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle

https://livefromalounge.boardingarea...ways-benefits/

Saw that Jet is starting to align it's benefits with AF/KLM finally; since DL has a stake and JV with those 2 airlines, any news as to whether they'll start aligning benefits with DL soon as well? Will likely start traveling to BLR next year a few times so it'd be nice to have a real option with them (other than just earning miles).
Old Sep 10, 2018, 12:28 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Gold
I wish Jet would just go ahead and join SkyTeam since they're already so close to KL/AF/DL. Hopefully, that is the end game here.
dmarge18 likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 12:34 pm

Programs: British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by dmac7273
I wish Jet would just go ahead and join SkyTeam since they're already so close to KL/AF/DL. Hopefully, that is the end game here.
Alliances are over, it's now about bilateral commercial relationships. DL/AF/KL are doing similar things with Virgin Atlantic and Gol
Old Sep 10, 2018, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by ajeleonard
Alliances are over, it's now about bilateral commercial relationships.
Sure. That's why oneworld has 13 carriers + oneworld connect, SkyTeam 20 carriers, and Star Alliance 28. Gol and Virgin Atlantic are outliers - of little value in an alliance.

Maybe Delta will follow AF/KL and rationalize benefits with Jet, and maybe it won't. If it does it will quickly be news here.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Sure. That's why oneworld has 13 carriers + oneworld connect, SkyTeam 20 carriers, and Star Alliance 28. Gol and Virgin Atlantic are outliers - of little value in an alliance.

Maybe Delta will follow AF/KL and rationalize benefits with Jet, and maybe it won't. If it does it will quickly be news here.
I wouldn't say alliances are over, but I think that major international carriers are putting less and less stock in them. Who wants to deal with a headache because Sri Lankan Air, Croatia Air, or Saudia screw up an itinerary.

Much more emphasis is being put into JV alliances where coordination of schedule and price is an option, instead of just some code sharing and FF benefits.

Imagine the place AS would be in if they could coordinate their schedules with any of their partners.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.