Wiki Posts
Search

Hurricane Florence Travel Waiver

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2018, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Interesting even though the new waiver doesn't extend to 9/12 (yet) -- I just got notifications by text and email about the inclement weather indicating that they are waiving change fees for flights tomorrow:

Our meteorology team is forecasting inclement weather due to Hurricane Florence that could potentially impact your upcoming flight. For the most up-to-date information regarding the status of your flight, please visit My Trips on delta.com or the Fly Delta app or you may also check the airport monitors regularly.To provide you with flexibility for your travel plans, we're offering you the following options to choose what best fits your travel needs.
  1. Remain on your current flight.
  • We recommend you continue to monitor your flight status for the most up-to-date information using My Trips on delta.com or on the Fly Delta app.
  • Please note your current flight reservation will remain if you choose not to make any changes.
  1. Change to a different flight.
  • If you select this option, we will waive the change fee. Learn More>>
  • To change your flight, visit My Trips on delta.com and click on "Modify Flight".
  • Choose "Start Flight Change" and select which flight you would like to change to search for a new flight.
  • The change fee will display initially, however once you select your new itinerary the change fee will be waived prior to checkout.
  1. You may choose to cancel your trip.
  • If you select this option, you may apply any unused value of the ticket toward the purchase of a new ticket for a period of one year from the original issue date. Learn More>>
  • To cancel your flight, visit My Trips on delta.com and click on "Modify Flight" then choose "Start Flight Cancelation".
*Note numbering issue is the FT interpretation of my copy paste, not an error on the DL email itself
Old Sep 11, 2018, 12:02 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Originally Posted by Duke787
Interesting even though the new waiver doesn't extend to 9/12 (yet) -- I just got notifications by text and email about the inclement weather indicating that they are waiving change fees for flights tomorrow
As of 1:45pm, on the pro.delta.com site, the waiver was updated to include flights on the 11th and 12th.
----------

Reason: Hurricane Florence

Date of Impacted Travel: September 11-16, 2018

Affected Area(s) To/From/Through the following cities:
  • Charleston, SC (CHS)
  • Charlotte, NC (CLT)
  • Charlottesville, VA (CHO)
  • Columbia, SC (CAE)
  • Fayetteville, NC (FAY)
  • Greensboro, NC (GSO)
  • Jacksonville, NC (OAJ)
  • Myrtle Beach, SC (MYR)
  • Norfolk, VA (ORF)
  • New Bern, NC (EWN)
  • Newport News, VA (PHF)
  • Raleigh-Durham, NC (RDU)
  • Richmond, VA (RIC)
  • Roanoke, VA (ROA)
  • Savannah, GA (SAV)
  • Wilmington, NC (ILM)
New travel must originate on or before: September 20, 2018
New travel must be rebooked no later than: September 20, 2018

https://pro.delta.com/content/agency...ulletin-3.html
Old Sep 11, 2018, 4:32 pm

IAD not included on DL waiver list

Surprised that IAD (Washington Dulles) is not on their list, as it is definitely within the storm-affected area. I just checked the Professional bulletin #3--still no IAD.

We have DL reservations on AF metal to Paris on 9/16. As of now there is no info on the AF - US web page; if IAD is added to the list, wondering how that rebooking would be authorized and handled--by DL or AF?

We don't want to leave early as we live in the hurricane-affected area south of IAD, and don't want to leave our property empty until we see what impact/damage we might experience at home before going overseas for 3 weeks...

Any suggestions?

Last edited by DCFlyerguy; Sep 11, 2018 at 4:38 pm Reason: Addition
Old Sep 11, 2018, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
I had no trouble at all getting a voucher for my PHX-LAX-RDU arriving at 6am on the 13th. Took five minutes on the phone once I explained that I couldn't reschedule because I am at a conference in PHX. [I got an F award nonstop PHX-ORD instead to get home].
Old Sep 11, 2018, 8:00 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
I had no trouble at all getting a voucher for my PHX-LAX-RDU arriving at 6am on the 13th. Took five minutes on the phone once I explained that I couldn't reschedule because I am at a conference in PHX. [I got an F award nonstop PHX-ORD instead to get home].
What? What does a voucher have to do with a weather waiver, and in what amount and for what reason did they give you a voucher?
Old Sep 12, 2018, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by DCFlyerguy
Surprised that IAD (Washington Dulles) is not on their list, as it is definitely within the storm-affected area. I just checked the Professional bulletin #3--still no IAD.

We have DL reservations on AF metal to Paris on 9/16. As of now there is no info on the AF - US web page; if IAD is added to the list, wondering how that rebooking would be authorized and handled--by DL or AF?

We don't want to leave early as we live in the hurricane-affected area south of IAD, and don't want to leave our property empty until we see what impact/damage we might experience at home before going overseas for 3 weeks...

Any suggestions?
You can always call and see if they'll make an exception. Especially if you explain that you LIVE in the area that will be affected. With DL's call back feature it's really not a big deal if it takes a while as you're not just sitting there on hold. You will likely have better luck if you're on paid tickets vs award tickets if IAD isn't added to the bulletin.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 8:46 am

Programs: DL PM 2 Mil Miler, HZ PC, Marriott LT TI, AMB, Hilton Diamond
The latest models have the storm heading southwest now after landfall. By Monday it shows the storm being over the TN, SC, GA borders.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 9:15 am

Programs: Trueblue, Skymiles, AAdvantage
Any chance ATL gets included in this? I'm flying through there on Sat and it looks like the winds will be there Sat. morning?
Old Sep 12, 2018, 9:22 am

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Originally Posted by Brigri
Any chance ATL gets included in this? I'm flying through there on Sat and it looks like the winds will be there Sat. morning?
There's definitely a chance ATL gets included in this, but the winds/rain really wouldn't be expected until Sunday.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 9:49 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
It was odd that SAV was on there but not BQK since BQK is only 62 miles south of SAV (as the crow flies) from the beginning, and now that the storm is heading back into GA that BQK is still not on the list.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by Brigri
State of Georgia just declared a state of emergency for all counties per the weather channel.

but looking at the predictions we wont see anything till late Saturday into Sunday/Monday.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 11:50 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
DL.dum crash for anyone else in past few minutes?
Old Sep 12, 2018, 12:24 pm

More than one change??? We are on Hilton Head. Scheduled to fly SAV-MEM on Saturday p.m. Changed it to the early Saturday flight... Now it looks more and more like the island is going to re-issue the mandatory evacuation order (which they took back) starting noon on Thursday. Would now like to fly out Thursday night or Friday instead of Saturday am. What are the chances DL would grant us another one, with the path of the storm looking like its curling southward. Has anyone changed their tickets more than once???

Last edited by stan1162; Sep 12, 2018 at 12:35 pm
Old Sep 12, 2018, 1:04 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA & AA Peeon, Hilton/Starwood Gold
I think if you explain your situation they'd allow the change provided space is available. I'd get on it quick.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 2:10 pm

Just called DL. They were very accommodating. Took maybe 10 minutes, made the changes. Lovely agent. Done.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.