Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Medallion on Ebay

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2018, 12:51 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Cool Delta Medallion on Ebay

I doubt its legit at all, yet I’m tempted to check it out. They accept PayPal for payment, thus I think if it doesn’t work no worries,
Can’t participate in challenge due to no status with any airline. I have to use my savings wisely as I’m a student now with 40 years of age and that ain’t cheap.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by SwissCircle
I doubt its legit at all, yet I’m tempted to check it out. They accept PayPal for payment, thus I think if it doesn’t work no worries,
Can’t participate in challenge due to no status with any airline. I have to use my savings wisely as I’m a student now with 40 years of age and that ain’t cheap.
I’m confused - you say you’re tempted to check it out but also say you can’t do a challenge but that’s exactly what’s being sold - a PM Status CHALLENGE which requires $2,250 in MQDs and 18,750 MQMs or 25 MQSs.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 1:03 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ATOBTTR

I’m confused - you say you’re tempted to check it out but also say you can’t do a challenge but that’s exactly what’s being sold - a PM Status CHALLENGE which requires $2,250 in MQDs and 18,750 MQMs or 25 MQSs.
I meant what I can’t do is the official status match challenge offered by Delta. It requires status with another airline.
Doing the status challenge in general shouldn’t be problem as I’m booked to attuned NY TEFAF, 2 auctions in NY.

Last edited by SwissCircle; Sep 7, 2018 at 1:08 pm
Old Sep 7, 2018, 1:13 pm

If this program is legit, then I'm definitely gonna spend $200 on it. One roundtrip to asia in delta one would meet the requirements easily.

I meant what I can’t do is the official status match challenge offered by Delta. It requires status with another airline.
Doing the status challenge in general shouldn’t be problem as I’m booked to attuned NY TEFAF, 2 auctions in NY.
It doesn't say it requires a status with another airline.

Eligibility
  • You have not received a Status Match or complimentary Medallion Status in the past three years
  • You have a Delta SkyMiles account
Old Sep 7, 2018, 1:17 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cpmp
If this program is legit, then I'm definitely gonna spend $200 on it. One roundtrip to asia in delta one would meet the requirements easily.

It doesn't say it requires a status with another airline.

Eligibility
  • You have not received a Status Match or complimentary Medallion Status in the past three years
  • You have a Delta SkyMiles account
Thats correct for the one sold on Ebay. The official one by Delta, here, requires status with another airline.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 1:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
For $190 you can buy the Brooklyn Bridge. Save $10 and do that.
SwissCircle and mmff like this.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
They’re just going to photoshop another airlines status to send in. If you’re ok with them submitting fraudulent info, and the possible suspension of your DL account...
ethernal, gooselee and Often1 like this.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 1:28 pm

Thats correct for the one sold on Ebay. The official one by Delta, here, requires status with another airline.
There is no way this is legit. It's either someone inside DL who can enroll you in a status challenge w/o needing status elsewhere, or it's just a straight scam.
windscar likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
They’re just going to photoshop another airlines status to send in. If you’re ok with them submitting fraudulent info, and the possible suspension of your DL account...
Ah got it. It did seem sketchy that all the requirement aspects look exactly the same as the delta match offer OP posted. I will continue to earn status the good old way...
obscure2k likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 1:31 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kop84
There is no way this is legit. It's either someone inside DL who can enroll you in a status challenge w/o needing status elsewhere, or it's just a straight scam.
My thoughts exactly. Yet I’m tempted, el cheapo Eco travel is what it is and that status would certainly help easing it
Old Sep 7, 2018, 1:41 pm

My thoughts exactly. Yet I’m tempted, el cheapo Eco travel is what it is and that status would certainly help easing it
It's completely off what DL see's it's brand as. They aren't necessarily above selling status's but they certainly aren't going to allow it to happen on Ebay.

My money is on them photoshopping some AA EP/CK or UA 1K/GS account with your name instead. It wouldn't even have to be that high of quality if they fax it into DL. And unless they are sending in hundreds it would be unlikely to be discovered quickly. In the mean time they pocket some easy money for 15 minutes worth of photoshop work.

When/if DL finds out about this, at minimum those status are going bye bye, and at worst, they completely close the Skymiles accounts and you're left with no miles even if you had a bunch before hand.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 1:45 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

It's completely off what DL see's it's brand as. They aren't necessarily above selling status's but they certainly aren't going to allow it to happen on Ebay.

My money is on them photoshopping some AA EP/CK or UA 1K/GS account with your name instead. It wouldn't even have to be that high of quality if they fax it into DL. And unless they are sending in hundreds it would be unlikely to be discovered quickly. In the mean time they pocket some easy money for 15 minutes worth of photoshop work.

When/if DL finds out about this, at minimum those status are going bye bye, and at worst, they completely close the Skymiles accounts and you're left with no miles even if you had a bunch before hand.
There are a few more of these offers available at different prices.
Will not buy it. Better to keep my karma good and healthy
Old Sep 7, 2018, 1:46 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
That is your choice if you wish to go ahead after being told it is straight out fraud. Worst case is that you are out $200 and your DL SM account gets closed with your miles going up in smoke. Most likely DL just refuses the challenge and you are out $200. But what the hell, maybe it works.

Personnaly, I am with Often. Save the $10 and get a nicely embossed peice of paper you can frame saying you own the bridge.
kop84 likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 2:07 pm

Programs: Alaska 100k
There's also the possibility that it is a rogue employee in some company's travel department that has a corporate contract with DL to provide their employees with a status challenge.

Regardless, if you get caught, your account is suspended.

Also, if you truly don't fly enough to earn status, is it even really beneficial? Just buy F and save money.
CPMaverick and BenA like this.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by sturges
There's also the possibility that it is a rogue employee in some company's travel department that has a corporate contract with DL to provide their employees with a status challenge.

Regardless, if you get caught, your account is suspended.

Also, if you truly don't fly enough to earn status, is it even really beneficial? Just buy F and save money.
Also definitely a possibility. If it was free I totally get it, the better seat/upgrade chance sure, but like you said, if you don't fly enough to get status, there are an awful lot of routes that F is not much more than $200 over the price of a regular Y ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.