Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta policy regarding special meals in FC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta policy regarding special meals in FC

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2018, 5:22 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by levman
I don’t know why they even bother offering a lacto-ovo vegetarian option given how often they fill it with a full vegan meal.

This. And then they mess up the vegan meal. I'm convinced it is somehow switched in their system. Asian veggie is often the best.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 9:38 pm

Programs: Delta
At least this policy doesn't extend to partner airlines. My Tarom flight was cancelled and rescheduled for the next morning. They assured me that my special meal request would be honored. I thought "oh great, probably will be the left over dinner from the cancelled flight" Nope. I got a fresh breakfast (even almond milk yogurt!) and not the leftover dinner.

I know this is not exactly the same situation as the OP but there have been about five times over the past few years where the VGML on my domestic F flights were either wrong or inedible. In each case, the FAs didn't hesitate in grabbing the tapas snack pack from the back and giving it to me after I politely asked for one.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 11:50 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, Former Amtrak Select, Former Hilton Gold
Sounds like a confused FA. I would recommend saying "Just the tray" rather than specifying non-entree items. I've seen others do that all the time with success.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.