Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

TATL flights w/infant on 332--bassinet rows and policy?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2018, 3:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLAT, DL GOLD (status matched)

Hi-
My partner and I will be travelling from UK to US on an A330-200 (using VS miles for a DL award in Y) with a 4 month old. We cannot find any recent info on this forum about
the specific rows to reserve for a bassinet. All the threads I've found are several years old or relating to different aircraft. And, as with many things, the DL
site is a bit cryptic about which seats are bassinet-ready and SeatGuru isn't much help either.

I was hoping some DL FT members/parents might be able to offer some advice...

We both have (temporary) Gold Medallion status through status matches from AA and BA which I thought would help with seat selection. At moment we have 2 seats in Y
right behind the row that I assume is best for bassinets (22) and have requested, by phone, a bassinet -- we were told before doing the DL status match that we couldn't reserve that row.

Now, after status match, the seat availability is still showing as blocked in row 22 and row 10 of EC. Row 14 is available when I log in. Do Gold Medallions have the right to pre-reserve rows 10 or 22. Are there other seats we should be looking at?

Thanks in advance for your help
Old Sep 5, 2018, 3:44 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Row 22 would not be used for bassinets as it is an exit row; lap infants and children are also not allowed in exit rows. Gold medallions can select seats in C+ (Rows 10-13) at no extra charge beginning three days from departure, if seats are still available. If you want to select C+ now, you will have to pay the additional miles for a C+ fare. I believe row 10 accommodates a bassinet.

Now that you have booked your ticket you will probably see only the seats available to you open on the seat map; all others will be blocked. To see what is open in all cabins and classes on the flight you should look at a new booking (without completing it; just do a search for your dates).

I would avoid the first row behind C+ as the C+ seats have a bit of extra recline, which would reduce the space for the seats immediately behind.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 3:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLAT, DL GOLD (status matched)
thanks @CarmenOM. I guess best to wait until t-72 then since VS doesnt allow booking for C+ seats even if you have the miles. I thought the middle section of row 22 would have bassinets on the bulkhead--does it not?
Old Sep 5, 2018, 10:37 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by spsDC
thanks @CarmenOM. I guess best to wait until t-72 then since VS doesnt allow booking for C+ seats even if you have the miles. I thought the middle section of row 22 would have bassinets on the bulkhead--does it not?
I don’t know about the middle seats, but would guess that the need to keep open access to the emergency exits would apply all the way across the space in front of row 22. But that’s just my guess.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 2:36 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
CHILDREN'S TRAVEL

Bassinets (SkyCots)
  • Onboard bassinets, also known as SkyCots, are available free of charge for passengers assigned to a bulkhead seat on equipped aircraft for some international flights.
  • SkyCots can be requested by contacting Reservations before arriving at the airport and then speaking with the gate agent at the boarding gate, but cannot be guaranteed due to a limit of two SkyCots per aircraft and weight restrictions.
  • Infants permitted to use a SkyCot must weigh 20 pounds or less and be no longer than 26 inches in length.
  • Please note that all infants must be held during takeoff and landing.
You should contact DL Reservations in the US to get accurate information on which rows bassinets are available on your aircraft. Skype is a good way to reach DL in the US.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.