Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earning FO in November

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2018, 5:01 am

Even though people on FT kind of look down on FO, (due to much lower chance of upgrades) it really is a huge step up for the common traveler versus having no status at all. Being able to get free upgrades to preferred/exit row seating is well worth it. I prefer those seats over some C+ seats depending on the plane.

All of the other benefits, (upgrades way more common outside of hubs) free bags, rollover MQM's, priority phone lines, etc., make it well worth having. Despite DL devaluing things here and there, it's easy to forget what it is like having no status at all.
MSPeconomist and hi55us like this.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 5:30 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Originally Posted by Gators300
Even though people on FT kind of look down on FO, (due to much lower chance of upgrades) it really is a huge step up for the common traveler versus having no status at all. Being able to get free upgrades to preferred/exit row seating is well worth it. I prefer those seats over some C+ seats depending on the plane.

All of the other benefits, (upgrades way more common outside of hubs) free bags, rollover MQM's, priority phone lines, etc., make it well worth having. Despite DL devaluing things here and there, it's easy to forget what it is like having no status at all.
Agreed go fly an airline you have no status with and it reminds you quickly that ANY status is better than none.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 8:19 am

Programs: SQ Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, DL Silver, AS MVP, B6 Mosaic, QR, EY, KE, CX, PR
Originally Posted by cpmp
First post on FT... made an account to tell you that FO isn't all that bad! Have been an FO for 2 years now, and honestly FC upgrade has been at 50%, and E comfort upgrade the other 50%. That said these flights have been from Seattle (a mini delta hub) to non hub destinations. FO also got me free baggage and fast check in on Air France in Paris. I have been pretty lucky with FO overall.
I agree specially an FO not based from the US. Got an upgrade SEA-SFO, LAX-SFO, MCO-JFK flights. Should have been upgraded PHX-JFK as I'm 1/1 seat left in F after the DM/PM/Gold upgrades haven been processed. However, I was running late and just boarded the flight without letting the GA know that I'm number 1 in the list with 1 seat left in F. YBYL probably caught on me that time. Saw the GA/FA not sure who's who, move one passenger 1 row ahead across me in Y to the last F seat before departure. Until now I'm at lost as to why I just boarded without letting the GA know. I'm normally TEAM BOARD LAST.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Gators300
I agree. I actually think it is the BIGGEST step up.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 5:02 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
I’m gonna reach FO next week and probably get another 10,000 MQM before the year is over. Looking forward to pushing for gold or more next year
Old Sep 1, 2018, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Adelphos
I’m gonna reach FO next week and probably get another 10,000 MQM before the year is over. Looking forward to pushing for gold or more next year
Originally I read that as 100k in the next 4 months and was - 10k makes much more sense.

Congrats on FO! Don't worry too much about us jaded PM/DMs. It really is a big step over no status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.