FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   MSP F/G SkyClub Upgrades and New Club (consolidated thread) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1928001-msp-f-g-skyclub-upgrades-new-club-consolidated-thread.html)

jrkmsp Aug 29, 2018 8:44 pm

MSP F/G SkyClub Upgrades and New Club (consolidated thread)

...and an expansion of the Concourse G gatehold areas.

The most recent Metropolitan Airports Commission agenda includes the airport's seven-year capital improvement plan. Details are scarce, but there's a $30 million project for 2020 involving "partnering with Delta Airlines for expanded Concourse G gatehold and SkyClub space." The F/G SkyClub is a pretty sorry hub club — so I have high hopes for any expansion. Showers? More seating? Better food? Dare to dream.

I'll also be thankful to see more gatehold space in the G concourse. Those gates are too small for the size of planes using the gates today.

Here's the capital improvement plan if anyone else is interested in what MSP will be spending money on over the next seven years.

http://metroairports.granicus.com/Me...&meta_id=42746

tentseller Aug 29, 2018 9:24 pm

While the bar reno looks nice I just can't handle the hallway breakout food atmosphere of the temporary food service area.

flyerCO Aug 29, 2018 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by jrkmsp (Post 30146233)
...and an expansion of the Concourse G gatehold areas.

The most recent Metropolitan Airports Commission agenda includes the airport's seven-year capital improvement plan. Details are scarce, but there's a $30 million project for 2020 involving "partnering with Delta Airlines for expanded Concourse G gatehold and SkyClub space." The F/G SkyClub is a pretty sorry hub club — so I have high hopes for any expansion. Showers? More seating? Better food? Dare to dream.

I'll also be thankful to see more gatehold space in the G concourse. Those gates are too small for the size of planes using the gates today.

Here's the capital improvement plan if anyone else is interested in what MSP will be spending money on over the next seven years.

http://metroairports.granicus.com/Me...&meta_id=42746

I'd expect a Skydeck and showers plus additional seating. They've already added food, and while they might reconfigire it, I doubt there would be more food items.

AANYC1981 Aug 29, 2018 10:39 pm

And to think this is one of Deltas revamped clubs.....it’s really terrible.

MSPeconomist Aug 30, 2018 12:12 am

I really wish they would bring back the quiet area--and enforce it. A return of cubicles would be even better.

flyerCO Aug 30, 2018 12:32 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 30146736)
I really wish they would bring back the quiet area--and enforce it. A return of cubicles would be even better.

We couldn't hear how important certain people are if they kept people quiet. :(

NOLAnwGOLD Aug 30, 2018 1:01 am

Yeah, I've always hated this club, which is an odd space, poorly used, and they last few changes were just lipstick on a pig, refurbishing it. The bar and food area is the best bit of the club but it needs serious redesign and updating. Lots of room for improvement and can't wait. I like the C concourse club even though it was done some time ago, has a nice feel and the different rooms are nice to give it a nice coziness. to it. Though during the summers, I think the fireplace could be off.

DLmedalliongold Aug 30, 2018 7:31 am

Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD (Post 30146859)
Yeah, I've always hated this club, which is an odd space, poorly used, and they last few changes were just lipstick on a pig, refurbishing it. The bar and food area is the best bit of the club but it needs serious redesign and updating. Lots of room for improvement and can't wait. I like the C concourse club even though it was done some time ago, has a nice feel and the different rooms are nice to give it a nice coziness. to it. Though during the summers, I think the fireplace could be off.

I always thought it was strange they ran the fireplace when it's 85 degrees outside. Silly.

jrkmsp Aug 30, 2018 8:03 am

Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD (Post 30146859)

Agreed. The only views are of the connection to the F concourse and the service road along the terminal. If you crane your neck, you can see some planes. It would be awesome if this renovation also delivered a SkyDeck with killer views of the parallel runways.

KissFlyGoodbye Aug 31, 2018 11:26 am

about time really. I hated this club and where it was at as well.

GopherMSP Aug 31, 2018 11:57 am

My preferred lounge at MSP is the Escape lounge. Hopefully they make the F/G SkyClub competitive again.

jrkmsp Aug 31, 2018 2:28 pm

Looks like Delta is planning an all new G concourse club. That would be swell.

https://www.bizjournals.com/twinciti...0-million.html

ATOBTTR Aug 31, 2018 4:33 pm

It's funny to me how MSP is a tale of two SC's - one of my favorites and one of my least favorites. I love the C SkyClub with all those nooks creating several mini-areas for some great privacy and relaxation. The F/G Club is very "meh" though.

SJC ORD LDR Aug 31, 2018 6:18 pm

I really don't like the MSP lounges very much. The F/G club has no view and both clubs have horrible bathrooms.

SEA and SFO have much nicer lounges and that should be the standard for DL going forward.

NOLAnwGOLD Sep 3, 2018 1:51 am

The PGA experience for Priority Pass was ok. You get a $15 voucher for food at the nearby restaurants or to use at the bar in the lounge. I grabbed a salad at French Meadow to go. Not bad to quick stop in for this (then head to the C club). Escape seemed nice when it was in PP.