Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

MSP F/G SkyClub Upgrades and New Club (consolidated thread)

MSP F/G SkyClub Upgrades and New Club (consolidated thread)

Old May 13, 2019, 12:20 pm

Programs: DL - PM, (NW - Plat), AA - Gold, Marriott - Plat, Avis - First
Clubs still in the last generation NW Worldclub decor:

DTW: (all) Upper A, Center A, Lower A, B/C
MSP: C12 Club
MEM
ORD
Old May 13, 2019, 12:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
Originally Posted by DTWflyer
Clubs still in the last generation NW Worldclub decor:

DTW: (all) Upper A, Center A, Lower A, B/C
MSP: C12 Club
MEM
ORD
Forgot about ORD! Thanks
Old May 13, 2019, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SFTNYC
That was probably my favorite club in the system (along with DTW B/C). Shame to see the loss of self-serve drinks and those well-divided seating areas.

Are there any other lounges in the system left in the old Northwest design (other than the DTW lounges)?
That actually looks like a very nice redo. Not the plastic-chic most of the newer Delta clubs use, but not as tired as the old NW design. Color me optimistic that it will work out OK.
Old May 13, 2019, 1:47 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jrkmsp
That actually looks like a very nice redo. Not the plastic-chic most of the newer Delta clubs use, but not as tired as the old NW design. Color me optimistic that it will work out OK.
Fingers crossed. The Agent said they are picking up some space in the remodel as well.
jrkmsp likes this.
Old May 13, 2019, 2:24 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by jrkmsp
I think they've gotten away from that in more recent designs. The SEA and SFO clubs have some hints of it, but they are much warmer in feel than, for example, the LAX T-5 was when they redid it or the current MSP F club which was redecorated (not remodeled) in that style. I'm very glad to see some darker woods in that picture.
Old May 13, 2019, 7:25 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
I think they've gotten away from that in more recent designs. The SEA and SFO clubs have some hints of it, but they are much warmer in feel than, for example, the LAX T-5 was when they redid it or the current MSP F club which was redecorated (not remodeled) in that style. I'm very glad to see some darker woods in that picture.
+1

PHX is also a very nice (and brand new) club.
Old May 13, 2019, 8:26 pm
Original Poster

Ive seen SFO and did like it. Havent made it to SEA or PHX yet, so I cant compare. But hopefully well see a tasteful design that makes the C club worth swinging by in every respect. Talk about an embarrassment of riches coming to MSP SkyClubs. A new club with a deck in G, a remodeled/expanded F/G club and a remodeled/expanded C Club. Might make me consider a membership. As it was, the offerings here were so lousy I never bothered.
Old May 13, 2019, 9:56 pm

Programs: Delta 2MM Diamond, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton DIA, Hertz President's Circle, National EE
ORD is going to get a 22,500 square foot club and the best they can do for a HUB in MSP is 15,000? I know MSP has C and F clubs but seriously???
Old May 14, 2019, 6:01 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
The DCA reno mixes some of the old and new, I think. I like that they maintained the area extending toward the river, overlooking the ramp. Kept the tables and chairs along the window, and the long ‘community’ table is nice.
Of course, the views from the DCA club are so good — and those were maintained in the reno.
Old May 14, 2019, 9:45 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by ljreinholt
ORD is going to get a 22,500 square foot club and the best they can do for a HUB in MSP is 15,000? I know MSP has C and F clubs but seriously???

I don't think the C club has had major crowding issues. I could be wrong, but I think that all of the Delta One flights leave from gates that are closer to the F club, which is going to get a lot bigger (and really needs to).
Old May 14, 2019, 11:21 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
I don't think the C club has had major crowding issues. I could be wrong, but I think that all of the Delta One flights leave from gates that are closer to the F club, which is going to get a lot bigger (and really needs to).
Based on the announcements, MSP is going from two clubs today (F and C), to a total of three clubs next year (F, C and a new club at the high end of G).
Old May 14, 2019, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mnbp
Based on the announcements, MSP is going from two clubs today (F and C), to a total of three clubs next year (F, C and a new club at the high end of G).
Two clubs to three, and both of the existing clubs will be getting at least a little bigger, according to reports.
Old May 14, 2019, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
Where was the size of the ORD lounge released? I assume this is in the refurbishment/move to T5, in which case perhaps its intended to host AF/KL/AZ as well?
Old May 14, 2019, 12:48 pm

widebodies are all going out of G (maybe a few in F) whereas C is exclusively narrowbody (and tends to be the smaller narrowbodies at that) and RJ.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 9:35 pm

Setting a hearing date for the Environmental Assessment Worksheet for the F/G expansion is on the MAC agenda for next Monday. At best that sounds like a late fall/early winter start for any project.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.