Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta's planning a 2020 expansion of the MSP F/G SkyClub...

Delta's planning a 2020 expansion of the MSP F/G SkyClub...

Reply

Old May 14, 19, 9:45 am
  #46  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Programs: DL GM, Bonvoy Gold
Posts: 7,753
Originally Posted by ljreinholt View Post
ORD is going to get a 22,500 square foot club and the best they can do for a HUB in MSP is 15,000? I know MSP has C and F clubs but seriously???

I don't think the C club has had major crowding issues. I could be wrong, but I think that all of the Delta One flights leave from gates that are closer to the F club, which is going to get a lot bigger (and really needs to).
jdrtravel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 19, 11:21 am
  #47  
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Programs: DL PM
Posts: 2,836
Originally Posted by ljreinholt View Post
ORD is going to get a 22,500 square foot club and the best they can do for a HUB in MSP is 15,000? I know MSP has C and F clubs but seriously???
Originally Posted by jdrtravel View Post
I don't think the C club has had major crowding issues. I could be wrong, but I think that all of the Delta One flights leave from gates that are closer to the F club, which is going to get a lot bigger (and really needs to).
Based on the announcements, MSP is going from two clubs today (F and C), to a total of three clubs next year (F, C and a new club at the high end of G).
mnbp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 19, 11:38 am
  #48  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: MSP
Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Posts: 2,145
Originally Posted by mnbp View Post
Based on the announcements, MSP is going from two clubs today (F and C), to a total of three clubs next year (F, C and a new club at the high end of G).
Two clubs to three, and both of the existing clubs will be getting at least a little bigger, according to reports.
jrkmsp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 19, 12:14 pm
  #49  
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NYC, BOS
Programs: DL PM, UA PP, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold
Posts: 677
Originally Posted by ljreinholt View Post
ORD is going to get a 22,500 square foot club and the best they can do for a HUB in MSP is 15,000? I know MSP has C and F clubs but seriously???
Where was the size of the ORD lounge released? I assume this is in the refurbishment/move to T5, in which case perhaps its intended to host AF/KL/AZ as well?
SFTNYC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 19, 12:48 pm
  #50  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 563
Originally Posted by jdrtravel View Post
I don't think the C club has had major crowding issues. I could be wrong, but I think that all of the Delta One flights leave from gates that are closer to the F club, which is going to get a lot bigger (and really needs to).
widebodies are all going out of G (maybe a few in F) whereas C is exclusively narrowbody (and tends to be the smaller narrowbodies at that) and RJ.
WillBarrett_68 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 19, 9:35 pm
  #51  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 13
Setting a hearing date for the Environmental Assessment Worksheet for the F/G expansion is on the MAC agenda for next Monday. At best that sounds like a late fall/early winter start for any project.
stevep001 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 19, 9:43 pm
  #52  
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: MSP
Programs: DL GM, MR Gold, Hilton Gold, National Exec
Posts: 101
Originally Posted by Troppy View Post


i completely agree. Itís even better since they severed the relationship with the CSR cardholders.
Escape seemed to get very quiet after PP lost them, and service got worse. I was worried whether they were going to make it.

Seems to be solid, but not overcrowded, now though.
bloc0102 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 19, 10:22 pm
  #53  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: MSP
Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Posts: 3,556
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68 View Post
widebodies are all going out of G (maybe a few in F) whereas C is exclusively narrowbody (and tends to be the smaller narrowbodies at that) and RJ.
Yes, some of the widebody international flights go out of F.
CarmenOM is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread