Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Not Showing vs Cancelling Delta Flight

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2018, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by gooselee
Last time I no-showed, I got an eCredit but when I tried to use it, was repeatedly told it could only be used for a new flight on the same route as the missed flight. I had no reason to fly that route within a year, so the credit never got used.
I was given a similar runaround when I tried to apply unused TPAC ticket to new TATL ticket. I did HUCA about 5 times and the issue was resolved when I finally got a knowledgeable agent.
gooselee likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 2:42 pm

Programs: none
If you cancel, the carrier will take you off the flight and make your seat available to a standby (if there is one).

If you don't show up, the carrier will take you off the flight and make your seat available to a standby (if there is one).
Old Aug 30, 2018, 2:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by HDQDD
Interesting. So if you don't cancel you still get the remaining credit? I've always called to cancel, assuming that I'd lose any remaining value if I no-showed.
So far with DL, that's usually the rule, but I've recently noticed some DL fare rules that mention no show fees.
CPMaverick likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 2:55 pm

Programs: AS, AA, WN
Originally Posted by TheHorta
All of this assumes OP didn’t book BE.
I read this and thought "Delta has BusinessElite between SEA-LAX?"

I'm losing my mind haha.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.