Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat map is view only

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2018, 6:40 am
Original Poster

Seat map is view only

Yesterday, my wife and I made reservations to fly BOS-SEA and were upgraded to Economy Comfort by Delta because my wife is Platinum. When we go in to try to change to different seats, the seat map page says that "this page is view only" and we should call a DL agent to make any changes. Is this a bug or some new DL policy to make things difficult for passengers? Is anyone else having this problem? It occurs when either one of us logs in.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Any difference if you use the app instead?

Are you looking at seat map from your reservation link, or while "booking" a flight.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 4:38 am
Original Poster

Explanation for inactive seat map

It turns out that we had been upgraded to first on the short SEA-PDX flight and this locked the seating arrangement on the longer BOS-SEA flight. Since it is the BOS-SEA flight on which we wished to use our RU, they removed the upgrade from the short segment and we could then change seats on the BOS-SEA flight, still in C+.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 11:05 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by cnc2002
It turns out that we had been upgraded to first on the short SEA-PDX flight and this locked the seating arrangement on the longer BOS-SEA flight. Since it is the BOS-SEA flight on which we wished to use our RU, they removed the upgrade from the short segment and we could then change seats on the BOS-SEA flight, still in C+.
They had used the RUC on your short segment, and were able to undo it and reopen the certificate?

I've had something similar where I was upgraded to C+, but trying to change to any other C+ seat prompted a payment for the buy up. Twitter said the ticket needed to be revalidated in C+ and once they did that, we could change seats no problem.
Old Oct 30, 2023, 7:36 am

View only

Originally Posted by cnc2002
Yesterday, my wife and I made reservations to fly BOS-SEA and were upgraded to Economy Comfort by Delta because my wife is Platinum. When we go in to try to change to different seats, the seat map page says that "this page is view only" and we should call a DL agent to make any changes. Is this a bug or some new DL policy to make things difficult for passengers? Is anyone else having this problem? It occurs when either one of us logs in.
Old Oct 30, 2023, 7:38 am

View only seat map

Yes this happened to me as well. Not only that but I was " reassigned" to middle seats in the back after I had already chosen and been upgraded to comfort plus months ago! No notification just bumped!
Old Oct 30, 2023, 2:49 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Welcome to Flyertalk cvelasco10
Old Oct 31, 2023, 12:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I've seem DL "view only" seat maps when every seat in the cabin either has been selected or is blocked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.