Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Applied multiple RUCs; Why are some flights coded RY and others SU?

Old Aug 27, 2018, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM HH Gold Marriott Gold IHG Spire

Multi-city trip coming up with RUCs applied. Two flights are coded First Class, RU and three are just SU. Called the Diamond line and the agent sees all as RY. Although the RY flights have the option of selecting seats, when I try it won't let me. Do I believe the agent? Do I need to keep calling? Flights are not until October.
xxdboixx likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 3:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
What classes of service are offered on these flights? Are they all domestic with regular FC, not marketed as business class and with no D1 service?
Old Aug 27, 2018, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by moxielady
Multi-city trip coming up with RUCs applied. Two flights are coded First Class, RU and three are just SU. Called the Diamond line and the agent sees all as RY. Although the RY flights have the option of selecting seats, when I try it won't let me. Do I believe the agent? Do I need to keep calling? Flights are not until October.
Something is wrong then. SU is the free medallion upgrade to C+. All should show RY or OY. Sounds like 1)ticket hasnt been reissues and 2)reservation hasn't been properly changed for upgrade. Till it shows RY/OY you don't have a confirmed seat in F.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 4:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If the flights are within the upgrade window, OP could have received free elite upgrades on some segments and RUC/GUG upgrades on other segments. Of course, the free elite upgrades should have happened only for segments for which use of the GUC/RUC was not requested, but a good agent might have noticed that free elite upgrades were available for a portion of the itinerary and grabbed those seats rather than leaving the OP to hope that the GUC/RUC supported upgrades clear.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.