Old Aug 22, 2018, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
TPA-AMS Service Announced

Press Conference concluded.
Release Link is here.

76W (36J) (26J)
May 23, 2019 start date
Year-round service, they didn't touch on frequency, but outlets seem to report 4-5x weekly.

Based on the release, they're also quietly killing PIT-CDG. EWR-CDG has been known for some time to be ending this season.
Also some additonal service annoucements outside of this in the release RE: LAX-AMS/CDG and JFK-CDG/TLV.

Last edited by sky303; Aug 22, 2018 at 2:52 pm Reason: DL Rep mentioned the aircraft being the 36J version, but the schedule shows a 26J version is going to be used.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 8:53 am

Programs: Skymiles Gold
Yay for Tampa and Florida. A bit surprised that Central Florida, as a whole, can support Amsterdam flights from two airports.

Also interesting to see the cessation of EWR/PIT-CDG buried at the bottom.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 9:19 am

Excited for TPA! Great to have a TATL served by a domestic carrier.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 10:12 am

A pity they are going to use the old 767’s . I would think about using it from the UK but I avoid 767’s and 757’s with a passion.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by twincheeks
A pity they are going to use the old 767’s . I would think about using it from the UK but I avoid 767’s and 757’s with a passion.
Delta refurbed all int'l 763s a few years ago: new pivot bins, AVOD, power. Compare coach seat dimensions to a BA 787 or 77W.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 10:40 am

I don’t fly coach
ajeleonard and Vegas Vegan like this.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 11:56 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
I don’t fly coach
BA: J is 2-4-2... no thanks.
LH: J is 2-2-2, no direct aisle access and you're flying LH minus.
WK: J is staggered 1-2-1 but again, basically SWISS minus.

DL's 1-2-1 all aisle access, lie-flat "ancient" 767s seem like the most compelling J TATL product from TPA.
sky303, IndyHoosier, PABE and 7 others like this.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by ChiefNWA
BA: J is 2-4-2... no thanks.
LH: J is 2-2-2, no direct aisle access and you're flying LH minus.
WK: J is staggered 1-2-1 but again, basically SWISS minus.

DL's 1-2-1 all aisle access, lie-flat "ancient" 767s seem like the most compelling J TATL product from TPA.
You may be correct, but I don’t like ancient either.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 12:46 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
I'm sure DL would run A380s on this route if only they had some.

A thin route like this is never gonna see a plane bigger than the 767. Not a chance
Old Aug 22, 2018, 1:13 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold

You may be correct, but I don’t like ancient either.
The majority of DL's 763s were delivered between 1998 and 2000. BA has a ton of old 777s from the late 90s and the 3 LH Cityline 340s are only a year or two younger on average.

So you're either going to need to connect in the US to get on those brand spankin new tech wonders or you're flying WK, in which case, doesn't sound overly convenient for travel to/from the UK.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 2:04 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by Weekend Away
Yay for Tampa and Florida. A bit surprised that Central Florida, as a whole, can support Amsterdam flights from two airports.

Also interesting to see the cessation of EWR/PIT-CDG buried at the bottom.
Been in FL for 4 years and never considered Tampa part of Central Florida. Live on the East Coast of FL and locals always refer to the Tampa/St. Pete/Sarasota area the West Coast.

On another note moving to the TPA area next month. The more International options the better.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 2:25 pm

Programs: DL PM / 1MM "Enhancee" (Frequent Flyer) Since 1990
Originally Posted by sky303
Press Conference concluded.
Release Link is here.

76W (36J)
May 23, 2019 start date
Year-round service, they didn't touch on frequency, but outlets seem to report 4-5x weekly.

Based on the release, they're also quietly killing PIT-CDG. EWR-CDG has been known for some time...
Strange indeed.. what with MCO, MIA and all those other FL airports. CDG is something else.. having two flights to the same destination in quite close proximity was a head scratcher - not to mention that there was also CVG-CDG flights during the glamour days of CVG. Heck, I think that CDG-CVG route is still running between cincinnati and Paris...
Old Aug 22, 2018, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by heckler
Strange indeed.. what with MCO, MIA and all those other FL airports. CDG is something else.. having two flights to the same destination in quite close proximity was a head scratcher - not to mention that there was also CVG-CDG flights during the glamour days of CVG. Heck, I think that CDG-CVG route is still running between cincinnati and Paris...
CVG-CDG does still exist. In its heyday CVG-CDG was twice a day, one by Delta and the other by Air France.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 3:39 pm

This is a bit surprising, considering they launched MCO-AMS right down the road recently.

I thought AUS was suppose to get a TATL flight from DL as they may be building a focus city there. Will there be any more announcements?
Old Aug 22, 2018, 6:25 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by AvgeekDL
Will there be any more announcements?
Eventually. It's quite unlikely that this is the last new route ever
pvn likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.