Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

5 empty F seats on MSP-ORD? 21 on the list when door closed?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2018, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skymiles - Diamond; HH - Diamond; IHG - Spire; United - 1K; Marriott - Titanium

Sitting in 3B on MSP-ORD today (1500 scheduled departure). All of row 4 and 3C are empty. 21 names on the list. GA closed door at 1455 and we immediately pushed back. Never seen anything like this before. FA’s are confused as well.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 2:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Please report this to DL.
hi55us, SDQBound, sdadept and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 2:56 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Plat, Hertz PC
Are we back to YBYL policy? I was happy when DL updated the website to state they would come on board if time allowed. Seems like there was time.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 3:17 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
YBYL never went away. The policy never changed. They just said some words that made it sound nicer.
btonkid12345 likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by pleasantsn
Are we back to YBYL policy? I was happy when DL updated the website to state they would come on board if time allowed. Seems like there was time.
OP says scheduled departure was 1500 and door closed at 1455. DL policy is to have door closed by T-10. So that suggests there was actually not time. Honestly now that the FA can see everything on their devices. They should give them a list of upgrades and have them process it after door closes or flight reaches 10k feet. But FA might argue that is additional work for them when they have other responsibilities to do at same time.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 4:45 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles KM, Sky Club/Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Lux Flyer
OP says scheduled departure was 1500 and door closed at 1455. DL policy is to have door closed by T-10. So that suggests there was actually not time. Honestly now that the FA can see everything on their devices. They should give them a list of upgrades and have them process it after door closes or flight reaches 10k feet. But FA might argue that is additional work for them when they have other responsibilities to do at same time.
FAs don't currently have visibility to the Upgrade lists on their devices.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 5:38 pm

Programs: 3MM DM, DL Reserve, HH Diamond, Nat Exec Elite, SPG, PC, etc...
This was the same with a ATL - BHM leg for me last week. 717 with 4 open F seats. Worst part was the ground stop had us in that bird for nearly two hours. I would have been furious sitting in Y staring at those empty seats.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skymiles - Diamond; HH - Diamond; IHG - Spire; United - 1K; Marriott - Titanium
Originally Posted by Lux Flyer
Correct - door closed at 1455. However, the last passenger to board boarded easily 10 minutes prior to that and the GA was in the front galley chatting away with the pilots. Already reported it - there were some visibly ticked off individuals in the front row of C+!! Admittedly, it’s a whopping 40 some odd minutes in the air - but it’s more of the principle. On my earlier SNA-MSP flight this morning, I was #1 on the list for 1 seat and had to remind the GA there to process it as she had already pre-boarded, boarded premium and was about to board SKY. And that flight closed up at T-15!! Not sure why it’s been getting so lax lately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.