Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Big props to MKE supervisor/Red Coat named Pat

Old Aug 17, 2018, 10:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Skymiles DM, Hertz President Circle, Enterprise Platinum, IHG, BW Diamond Select, AA EXP

I was traveling yesterday morning (8/16) on a flight out of MKE to DTW and on to PHX when I was standing in the gate area waiting to board when I received a local phone call from a woman who identified herself as a supervisor from Delta by the name of Pat in Milwaukee and proceeded to tell me that my outbound flight to DTW was about to go MX and she proactively changed my flights to route me through ATL leaving 45 minutes later, as it was the quickest way going to PHX. She recognized that I was traveling on a paid first class fare and had a short connection in DTW and wanted to make sure I was accommodated as there was only two seats left in first. She also said that my checked bag was being re-routed to travel with me.

I was super impressed by this level of customer service and went on to thank her profusely for going above and beyond to take care of a customer. As soon as I was able to, I sent in a note to Delta via delta.com. I really had no other way of bringing this to the attention of the Delta to give props to going the extra mile for a customer.

Lots of us (including myself) post here to complain about Delta and customer service...well I also wanted to give props when due.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 11:18 am
Hilton 10+ Badge

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton & Marriott Plastic Gold, Chick-fil-A Signature
https://www.delta.com/contactus/commentComplaint is a good way to send a compliment via official channels. (Nice story BTW)
Old Aug 18, 2018, 11:20 am

Programs: Ex DL-DM. MM. TWA-Aviator Plat. HHonors-DVIP, MR-Gold. Nat-Emerald. Avis Chairmn.
I fly out of MKE often. The team there is very good and extremely helpful. I have entered the Sky Club and been handed re routes immediately because of down line issues I was unaware of. Didnt have to say a word. They truly are wonderful.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 11:24 am

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Ive had far more positive experiences than negative with Delta, which is why I continue to fly them exclusively. Id like to see more of these to counterbalance the deluge of complaints, but thats not our nature. Also, when any agent is helpful I always thank them by name for their good service and, in the case of phone agents, tell them that Ill be giving them their 5-Stars. They always seem to appreciate that.

I will also notify @Delta.

Good service should be expected, but not go unnoticed or unrewarded.
pvn, AeRoSpaceman and dmarge18 like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.