Apron instead of Skyclub

Old Aug 17, 2018, 8:26 am

Programs: Last on board, if I'm lucky
OP - if you are interested in following up - (404) 530-6667 or Contact Us ? Security | ATL | Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.

I imagine they would be very interested in your experience and observations.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 10:40 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, Delta Sky Miles, and S&H Green Stamps
See something, say something. Nothing less/nothing more to do.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 10:51 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by Old Hickory
See something, say something. Nothing less/nothing more to do.
I think it's okay to "say nothing" in this instance - as it almost always is.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 8:55 pm

Programs: A few
Just my quick $0.02; those who are qualified to speak on occurrences such as these (I.e. SIDA badge holders, those with knowledge of security measures, etc) are prevented from doing so due to specific airport regulations regarding the release of security protocols.

Not trying to be a "Debbie Downer" on the thread, but those with answers won't be able to post specific info without being in violation of their SIDA badge agreement.

As mentioned above, the best way to handle concerns would be to contact ATL airport security at 404-530-6667
Old Aug 18, 2018, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Loadmaster
Just my quick $0.02; those who are qualified to speak on occurrences such as these (I.e. SIDA badge holders, those with knowledge of security measures, etc) are prevented from doing so due to specific airport regulations regarding the release of security protocols.

Not trying to be a "Debbie Downer" on the thread, but those with answers won't be able to post specific info without being in violation of their SIDA badge agreement.

As mentioned above, the best way to handle concerns would be to contact ATL airport security at 404-530-6667
What? You're reading a way to broad interpretation of these agreements. Agreements that arent required for most jobs that require a badge at most airports. Also what security measures are you talking about? No one has asked for any. Most employees at an airport would not be given knowledge of privileged security measures. The only things they know would be what the public knows. Ie you need a card/PIN to access a restricted area. No one is asking where the cameras are at, what security staffing numbers are, etc....Not that most employees would have that full knowledge. Theres no agreement that says you can't say you can't access the apron without card. This is already public knowledge. Those with knowledge of privileged info would normally sign a separate agreement pertaining to that particular info. Even then it would only pertain to that which is privileged, which what most the frontline employee has access to isn't .
Old Aug 18, 2018, 5:45 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by flyerCO
What? You're reading a way to broad interpretation of these agreements. Agreements that arent required for most jobs that require a badge at most airports. Also what security measures are you talking about? No one has asked for any. Most employees at an airport would not be given knowledge of privileged security measures. The only things they know would be what the public knows. Ie you need a card/PIN to access a restricted area. No one is asking where the cameras are at, what security staffing numbers are, etc....Not that most employees would have that full knowledge. Theres no agreement that says you can't say you can't access the apron without card. This is already public knowledge. Those with knowledge of privileged info would normally sign a separate agreement pertaining to that particular info. Even then it would only pertain to that which is privileged, which what most the frontline employee has access to isn't .
Opinion noted, and perhaps I'm being a bit conservative, but I tend to err on the side of caution when I've signed documents at numerous airports that specifically state that I'm prohibited from divulging any security info.

Perhaps your and my definitions of SSI differ, if that's the case, we can simply agree to disagree - that said, I'm not looking to derail this thread any further. My apologies if my post was off topic, I was simply attempting to assist with some insight.

Thanks/Brgds
Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:37 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles KM, Sky Club/Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Opinion noted, and perhaps I'm being a bit conservative, but I tend to err on the side of caution when I've signed documents at numerous airports that specifically state that I'm prohibited from divulging any security info.

Perhaps your and my definitions of SSI differ, if that's the case, we can simply agree to disagree - that said, I'm not looking to derail this thread any further. My apologies if my post was off topic, I was simply attempting to assist with some insight.

Thanks/Brgds
There's nothing in the (publicly-accessible) ATL SIDA badge application/agreement that prohibits discussing this information. I agree with the flyerCO - with few exceptions, no airline employee holding a SIDA badge would have any insight into the detailed security processes in place in ATL (or any airport). I bet someone just called the elevator from the ramp and walked away before it actually arrived...it's not an uncommon occurrence with elevators that serve both the ramp and sterile area in any airport.

I also agree with Loadmaster...a quick call to the ATL Security Office with details of exactly when this happened would keep it from happening again.

Last edited by Fly_Delta_Jets; Aug 19, 2018 at 1:43 am
Old Aug 19, 2018, 4:31 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Plat, VS Gold, UA Plat, VX Gold (RIP), AS MVP 75K, Starriot Plat, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Sadly nothing new. The elevator for the old T5 LAX club was same way. More than once did it get called and people got on assuming it was going down to the underground tunnels.. it'd stop and the person was gone.
the elevator leading up to the LAX SkyClub at T3 has this flaw, too.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 4:38 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Plat, VS Gold, UA Plat, VX Gold (RIP), AS MVP 75K, Starriot Plat, Hertz President's Circle
Thanks/Brgds
At the risk of seeming petty,..

What you should be apologising for is the clunky and lazy sign-off here. Thanks/Brgds is taken to mean “thanks” OR “brgda” — not both! Which one is it? If you meant “thanks” AND “brgda”, use an ampersand (&)!

also, for crying out loud: “Brgds”. You can’t take the time to just type “best regards” (or even “regards”, which is a mere two characters more than “brgds”)??? Surely these aren’t your best regards if you can’t be bothered to type it out.

/end communication technique rant

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.