Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

How to ensure RUs are applied correctly and will show at gate?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2018, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

As above, is there anyway to check and ensure that RUs are applied correctly and will be transferred to at gate? My flight itinerary is such that I will be in the air during the time the gate agent starts clearing, is there anyway to check that I am waitlisted properly before that?
Old Aug 13, 2018, 12:41 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Ins and outs are covered in this existing thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delt...l#post30067404
Old Aug 13, 2018, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

So I don't have the second duplicate seat map, and called Delta up previously, and they keep telling me it's correctly applied. How do you fix that?

And waiting for the upgrade waitlist might be too late to correct it. How early does the upgrade waitlist get populated in the app? Is it only a few hours before, or the day before? If it's a few hours before, I'll be in the air and won't have the chance to call Delta and ask them to fix it.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 12:53 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
As indicated in the thread that pvn pointed you to, the appearance or non-appearance of the second seat map is no guarantee either way that the upgrade has been correctly waitlisted. The only way to know for sure is when you clear
It is a crappy customer experience all the way around.

Once you check-in you can see your current position, although it may change as other passengers check-in. So you kinda just have to monitor the situation.

If you are in the air you can use wifi and Twitter to contact DL if something needs to be fixed.

This all sucks but there's unfortunately no better way that anyone knows of.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 6:05 pm

I find that they are wrong less often than they used to be, but still often enough to be an issue. I'd estimate 1/3 of the time. That said, I feel like I get more competent agents on weekdays during eastern US business hours. So I try to have them applied during that time frame and then if I call to double check it is all good, I also call during normal business hours. I find the only way to really get a sense is at check in. Unless they get a segment out of order, I never (almost never??) have a duplicate seat map anymore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.